Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight
The Comic :: The Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

#984 Yourself

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index -> The Story
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ak-ryuu
Author

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:00 am    Post subject: #984 Yourself Reply with quote

http://www.shd-wk.com/index.php?strip_id=984

Last edited by ak-ryuu on Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shazbot

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not much to say, but I wanted to thank you for the work you put into this. I can probably count the number of webcomics with round characters on one hand.
comicwatcher

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think you give yourself enough credit as an artist. I've been reading this comic for years and have watched your art greatly improve. Thank you for making this comic.
Negation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I join and echo others. The comic has been a huge undertaking (something that I would never dare to even try). I'm hoping here that we get to see how the story will conclude.

And I'm hoping that Spiky manages to convince Vincent not to go and see the baron. Who knows what he would decide to do next to harm Vincent and Siron wouldn't be around this time. Spiky has decided to stop being one of the dragons and help Vincent, but I still wouldn't want him to risk it right now.
ak-ryuu
Author

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee, guys, you make it seem like I was fishing for compliments there (I really wasn't; having a bad day, though ..).

Thanks for the feedback! Now I'm all embarrassed. But you know, I just see all the flaws (as every artist does), and then I realise my complete lack of drive to improve (I have good reasons/excuses, sure, but...), and that's something no artist should lack.

I should post a status update in the right thread for that, it's been a while...
asharia

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to throw my two cents in about the author's note. As it happens, said two cents boils down to just two words: Pish. Tosh.

I know I don't come to this forum all that often, but I'm still here reading. I'll still be here when you get back after the 1K break. If you need another break past that... well, you'll have at least one fan still happily following along, though I'm positive I'm not alone.

The art is what makes this comic, I think. Story's pretty good, and I can't wait to see where you're going, but it just wouldn't feel right if there were scenic vistas and photorealism all over the place. I think the minimalistic touch is perfect here (and yes, I know you've said a few times you aren't happy with it. But it works.)

And I can't help but empathize with the "seeing the flaws" part: my 'art' is in cooking. The only chance I get to perform, as it were, is three nights a week for my family, and while everyone else is happy with it, I can always find something I'm not happy with.

wow, I got rambly, didn't I? :)
Shazbot

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In that verse, it reminds me a bit of an old comic called 1/0. Great writing, worse artwork than yours.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index -> The Story All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: