Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight
The Comic :: The Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gaming
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index -> General discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cthonic Cultist

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:24 am    Post subject: Gaming Reply with quote

Anyone here like games? I bet you do. Whether tabletop, computer, console or whatever, people like games, yes?

I myself am an avid gamer... But that's beside the point. Let's talk about games we are playing right now!

I am getting back into Baldur's Gate and Planescape: Torment.. It's been a while since I played them, and I have kind of a yearly cycle where I play them through the whole way once or twice then stop.

I am also getting into a tabletop war game, a new and SUPER cheap one (when compared to WH) called Arcane Legions.

Been doing a bit of long term gaming as well with Neptune's Pride... that game...

Anyways.. What kinds of games do you all play?
ak-ryuu
Author

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to play Neverwinter Nights a lot, but currently can't find the time. I plan to get back into it though -- I still have unplayed official campaigns!
Cthonic Cultist

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh wow. It's been a while since I played those.. I didn't like NWN 2, but NWN 1 and all the expansions were fun.
ak-ryuu
Author

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, NWN2 isn't for me. NWN is still good after all those years! (Hey, I got into it late to begin with). There are still active persistent worlds out there too! (OK, there are also still active MUDs out there -- the one I used to hang out in 15 years ago is still around ;))
Cthonic Cultist

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fallout 2 has an MMOG that people made, and it's all player run.

Crazy.
Nocturne

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ak-ryuu wrote:
I used to play Neverwinter Nights a lot, but currently can't find the time. I plan to get back into it though -- I still have unplayed official campaigns!

I always loved NWN1. I downloaded a ton of modules for it, it's probably one of the most recent games I've got on my old desktop PC.

BG2's still an old fave too, but I seem to have broken that in the process of modding, the Sahuagin City in Chapter 4 just won't load. Same goes for the Temple District in Athkatla. I managed to CLUA my way past the Temple District to complete Korgan's quest...and I could probably completely skip the city and go straight to the underdark, but I'd hate to miss out on the XP and treasures. Ah well.

I'm into Witcher 2 and GTA IV at the moment. Not doing so well with GTA IV, but I've completed one runthrough of Witcher 2, going through the alternate route now.
Rainaari

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not so much into gaming, but started some card games this vacation. Card games will definitely not be my favourite, though they can be fun.

If time permits (and my computer can take the load) i might try Sim City 2000 on an 1680x1280 screen during fall.
mads5408

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:24 pm    Post subject: Minecraft and Minetest-c55 Reply with quote

I'm playing Minecraft and an open source clone called Minetest-c55

"Avoid the Gates of Hell. Use Linux"
Negation

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like playing games with friends and do that quite a lot. On tabletop most of the time we're playing either Warhammer 40 000, Battletech or Naval Thunder. Sometimes we try new stuff for fun, like Open Wushu couple weeks ago.

On computer I have more games that time, but I usually find couple hours here and there for 9Dragons and Rollercoaster Tycoon.
ak-ryuu
Author

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and Audiosurf. I like Audiosurf. A lot. When I got it, I was playing it pretty much every free minute for a while ... gives nice after-effects when you try to sleep ;)
MaxDZ8

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Gaming Reply with quote

Cthonic Cultist wrote:
Anyone here like games? I bet you do. Whether tabletop, computer, console or whatever, people like games
I've been in pencil-and-paper RPGs for years but never transitioned to the 'hardcore' player status. The idea of mangling my way through tens of multi-hundred-pages manuals of rules gives me the creep. I have enough mangling during my "work", if you can call it that way. I still enjoy them in a more relaxed way, mostly because of the friends.

I am enjoying tabletop games recently. Especially the ones with streamlined core rules and emergent complexity. I'm taking a campaign in Descent with some friends but that's currently on hold as each play easily takes 3+ hours.

I have long gone away from hardcore PC gaming, but I'm currently playing again STALKER: SoC. Cannot afford much more, my computer is shit by nowadays standards, although I have a sort-of-decent 3d card.

Rainaari wrote:
If time permits (and my computer can take the load) i might try Sim City 2000 on an 1680x1280 screen during fall.
Are you running it through an emulator? I'd also love to play this game again.
Rainaari

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:15 am    Post subject: Re: Gaming Reply with quote

MaxDZ8 wrote:

Rainaari wrote:
Are you running it through an emulator? I'd also love to play this game again.

Oh, i checked:
its Sim City 4 Deluxe / Rush Hour edition. Runs on Win 98 - WinXP, so chances are good it will run on Vista or 7, too.

Not sure if i have SC2000 hidden somewhere. I hope you're not too disappointed...

Rainaari
MaxDZ8

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really... I see this is on steam as well. But still at 9.99? For a game released in 2003? That's all wrong. Perhaps in october...
Shazbot

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been playing a lot of Spring RTSes lately, in case someone wants something good and free.
MaxDZ8

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm cool with free things!
Played FreeCiv2 some weeks ago, it seemed to not work correctly on my computer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index -> General discussions All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: