Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight
The Comic :: The Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Copenhagen Suborbitals

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index -> General discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ak-ryuu
Author

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:35 pm    Post subject: Copenhagen Suborbitals Reply with quote

Did we really not have a thread about Copenhagen Suborbitals until now?

Today, they successfully launched their HEAT-1X, the world's largest amateur space rocket, for the first time.

Video here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmGmymAWI4E

I watched the whole thing on livestream, and it was just utterly fantastic. I haven't screamed that loud in real life in a looooong time :) IT GOES IT GOES IT GOES!

This is the same group that successfully built an amateur submarine before they decided to privately launch a man into space some day. I hope they'll succeed!

They're almost completely donation-funded, so if you love stuff like this, consider becoming a proud sponsor like I did (that's where my meager income from the ads on this site went)!
Negation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been following them for a while (for a year at least I think) and was watching live stream at the office. I had to leave before they launched though, so I missed the launch. Watched the recording as soon as I came home though.

It's really cool that they managed to make the launch. I hope we'll see manned launch sometime in the future (maybe when they solve the parachute getting tangled up).
Marmbo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's freaking awesome!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index -> General discussions All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: