Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight
The Comic :: The Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Advertising....
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index -> The Website
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ak-ryuu
Author

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaVince wrote:
I would click all of your ads, but even when I turn the ad blocker off for shd-wk they don't show up. Sigh.

The advertisers don't pay per click, they pay for the time their ad is shown (price per day, auction-based system) ;)
But since there are mostly other webcomics advertising, and I have found some great ones via ProjectWonderful too, it surely is worth clicking them -- to check out their sites :)

The ads are only in the archives, BTW ... just in case you only checked the main page ;)
DaVince

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah. I'm a bit dense in the head sometimes, because I know I've read you typing that before. <_<
Pipe Organ Wolf

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't mind the ads, but I'll never click on one. One I see a lot is "Unstufed" which I used to read, but quit. I didn't care for the mature content. I wouldn't call myself anti-furry, but there are some really disgusting things showing up in PW ads.
ak-ryuu
Author

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ak-ryuu wrote:
The ads are only in the archives, BTW ... just in case you only checked the main page ;)

Hmm, this is actually not true anymore at the moment ... I had put them on the main page a while ago to see how it goes, and then left them there.

Should I restrict them to archives-only again?

(Same thing with the vote buttons -- I used to say I don't want them on the front page all the time, now they're there anyway. Hm. Should I remove them again?)
Nocturne

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neither the vote buttons nr the ads on the main page are that visually intrusive, they're not that big and aren't animated etc.

I don't mind if they stay there or not.
Negation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like them to stay there actually. It makes voting much easier when I can just open the main page and click the voting links. Of course I could bookmark the pages, but it would require me to do it in so many machines ;)
Pipe Organ Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't mind the vote buttons. They remind me to vote. I'm just sick of PW's ads.
ak-ryuu
Author

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pipe Organ Wolf wrote:
I'm just sick of PW's ads.

I'll likely remove them from the main page (http://www.shd-wk.com/) again and only have them show up on the archives (any link with "strip_id" in it) once I find the time to make the necessary changes. It's not like the PW ads really generate any income -- those few dollars a month go straight back into advertising for SHD-WK on other sites anyway, and I guess I don't mind scaling that back a bit at this time.
Kriegel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still need the vote reminders. I forget otherwise.
ak-ryuu
Author

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi! I'm selling out again ...

I added another ad to the comic, at the bottom of all the comic pages (front page and archives). I'll run this as a test until the end of this year, then decide whether I'll keep it or not.

There's no "click here if you want to advertise in this space" link as I didn't want to clutter up the front page further. If you do want to advertise there, follow this link:

http://www.projectwonderful.com/advertisehere.php?id=28855&type=1

Advertising on Project Wonderful is easy and cheap, and even if you don't have anything particular to advertise, but want to support SHD-WK, it's a fun way of doing so instead of donations (which I'm not accepting). I've had advertisers with buttons saying nothing but "Thanks, SHD-WK" before and it sure put a smile on my face (and a couple of cents in my pocket) :D

Ask in this thread if you have any questions on this topic, or complain about my selling out or ads in general -- I'm listening ;)
Cami

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This isn't quite on topic, but I saw an ad for Shd-wk on piperka today and was excited. Good choice of place to advertise. I always notice their ads and often click through.

As for the ads on your site...I've never noticed them. I can't even picture where they are when mentally envisioning your home page. Guess that means they don't bother me then.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index -> The Website All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: