Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight
The Comic :: The Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is Vincent suffering or what?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index -> The World
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is Vincent suffering or what?
yes, he thinks he's suffering
52%
 52%  [ 12 ]
no, he doesn't think he's suffering
26%
 26%  [ 6 ]
dunno, whatever
21%
 21%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 23

Negation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:28 am    Post subject: Is Vincent suffering or what? Reply with quote

I was recently discussing about relativity of suffering and how it's not really easy to measure if somebody is suffering or not. Maybe there's some obvious signs, but those could be intepreted in a wrong way and some others might get overlooked. And quite a deal about suffering depends on the person's point of view. Bill Gates most likely has different point of view than I and somebody in far east might have different view than somebody who's been living in the darkest Africa all his life.

So, what do you think, does Vincent think that he's suffering and why?

To me he seems to be quite indifferent about his life at least some of the time. And sometimes he's clearly enjoying it too, so it's not completely miserable. I guess he doesn't think he's suffering, just having hard time quite often.
ak-ryuu
Author

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I moved this to the correct forum.

Not sure if I can answer this in public though, maybe after more people have answered.
Ejder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he is just used to the throught about him and his curse... He was abble to live preety happily before his brothers death... Through i think he was only partialy beliving in the curse before that. Well he knew about the curse but he didnt belive that he would die after 26 or whatsoever and before he became knight or even squire he didnt think much about it.

Everyone has his own life; one better, one worse; it's never like this that we sit or walk or do whatever and think only of how happy or misserable we are. We forget. Often. You rarely rember what you were thinking about 10 minutes ago. So even most unhappy person can be happy from time to time when he/she is not thinking about "how my life suck" (which is realy emo throught xD).

I think that he is suffering when he just sits and thinks "how mu life suck's" but i dont think it botters him whenether he is not. He is just TOO used to this that he forgets about it sometimes.
myrtle

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, yeah, the suffering discussion. Everyone around me (except for my boyfriend and my best friend) are convinced that I'm suffering from my parents going to divorce and my brother being in some sort of jail for "being a danger to society and his direct surroundings". They just won't understand that I don't see myself as suffering from it, and that because of that I ain't suffering from it. I just see it as a normal part of my live. But nooo, my parents and teachers find it a good idea if I go in therapy to make sure I don't suffer from it -_-
I'll give the poll some thought :P
*starts thinking*
*eats a cookie* (join the dark side; I have cookies!)
*is coming to a conclusion*
I don't think he would have suffered from it if he had another life, but because he has this life, I don't think he really is suffering from it.
Yeah, that's what I think ^_^
Cthonic Cultist

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have to agree with Ejder, Vincent probably doesn't feel suffering unless he's made to think about it... Like Tonio recently made him do. Tonio is a real braincase. I can't really tell what's on his mind. Yeah, I don't really "suffer" ever. I just get really pissed. I've only had one real moment of suffering, and I was 11, and I had accidentaly caused a snake I had caught to die by leaving it in the sun in a bottle. Yeah. That's it though.
Alliriyan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He suffers from the people (and dragons) around him, and from the effects of the curse every now and then; but I wouldn't say that he's constantly thinking how harsh and terrible his life is. More like how it's hard on other people, like his family and friends.

They go on and on about how terrible it is for him, he sits there and wonders when they'll give it a break.

Meh. I think Myrtle's idea is good.
ak-ryuu
Author

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alliriyan wrote:
More like how it's hard on other people, like his family and friends.

He has family? (Just kidding, I know what you meant :))

Alliriyan wrote:
They go on and on about how terrible it is for him, he sits there and wonders when they'll give it a break.

I think this sums it up really well.

(I hope I didn't take the fun out of the discussion with this official statement now :))
Alliriyan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh phew, I thought I sounded stupid :D

We can still hypothesise. You might evolve his character into angst-ridden!Vincent, who knows?
Kriegel

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ak-ryuu wrote:

(I hope I didn't take the fun out of the discussion with this official statement now :))

Nope. Can't say it does.
Darb

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:18 am    Post subject: Buring on the inside. Reply with quote

In my opinion Vincent has alot of good things goign for him, just enough infact to internalize all the pain and anger he has toward the curse, the baron, his brother, and his life. He tells himself that he's okay with all those things and can't understand why others can't leave him alone about it. But he is really is scared on the inside... but again this is just an opinion.
Mostly Harmless!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He only seems to suffer when he has free time in which he is doing nothing. Being busy in any way seems to make life easier for him.
Darb

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mostly Harmless! wrote:
He only seems to suffer when he has free time in which he is doing nothing. Being busy in any way seems to make life easier for him.

Indeed, that too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index -> The World All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: