Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight
The Comic :: The Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I salute you.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index -> General discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skyfiresibs

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:58 am    Post subject: I salute you. Reply with quote

Hey author guy, just wanted to let you know that I think you're awesome. I mean you've got what, 885 pages of comics? That's... a lot. Speaking as a writer who comes up with a bunch of really cool ideas but can never actually write anything does because I'm a lazy bastard, that impresses me. My brother used to do a webcomic, but he quit. It sucked, because it was pretty awesome and it looked like it was going to continue being that way for a while. So if you do that too, I'm going to come to your house and kill you in your sleep. You'll wake up and you'll be dead.

"But how can I wake up if I'm dead?"

EXACTLY.

In all seriousness though, keep up the good work. It's sad that the buffer is depleting, but I'm sure you'll pull through somehow. No matter how slowly the updates come, I'll be around.
ak-ryuu
Author

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:00 am    Post subject: Re: I salute you. Reply with quote

Skyfiresibs wrote:
Hey author guy

Hey Skyfiresibs! Welcome to the forum.

Skyfiresibs wrote:
EXACTLY.

And thanks for making me laugh ;)

No, don't worry, I'm taking you seriously enough to promise that I won't quit unless I'm forced to by factors outside of my control (such as you killing me in my sleep!) -- I have every intention of seeing this through to its end (the story is planned out after all), even though it's difficult sometimes.

Skyfiresibs wrote:
It's sad that the buffer is depleting, but I'm sure you'll pull through somehow. No matter how slowly the updates come, I'll be around.

I'll keep trying. You probably read already in the news blurb on the front page a while ago, and/or here in this forum, that the comic will take a planned break in August/September/October -- but it will be back after that time. And I'll be on the forums during that time so you can all make sure I won't forget ;)

Until then, though, it's probably survival mode -- my health isn't exactly the greatest currently, and I somehow need to finish all the comics before the break as soon as I can, so I can take some time off -- and then refill the buffers before the break is over. So please forgive me for a while if the dialogue will be more forced or contain more typos than usual, or if the art will be even worse or even lazier; I feel it's more important to keep the story going than to take a break right now and come back at an unspecified point in the future when I feel that I can do a much better job (because that might then well be never).

Sorry for rambling on ... it's 7 in the morning and I again can't sleep ;>
Linya

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:55 pm    Post subject: agreed Reply with quote

I totally agree with Skyfiresibs. You've been amazing. shd-wk has been the most consistently, on-time updating comic I've read (with possibly the exception of Sarah Ellerton's work). Considering how many webcomics I've read...

great job. You totally deserve a break. Just come back to us.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index -> General discussions All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: