Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight
The Comic :: The Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I despise introductions...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index -> Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KaitLynnHt

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:34 am    Post subject: I despise introductions... Reply with quote

Oh Goddess... I hate intro posts... not that it matters since I usually tend to lurk more than post anywho... most of ya'll will prolly forget I exist :P

My name is Kat but I usually just go by KaitLynn on the net. I've been reading shd-wk for a long time. Lurked a little around here, procrastinating about joining... bored... so figured I'd join in a bit...

Umm... I'm 28, suffer from firbromyalgia, major depressive disorder, and not as much suffer from social anxiety disorder (I like to call it Anti-Moron Syndrome) & bi-polar disorder. I'm slightly misanthropic and I have a morbid sense of humor.

I hate netspeak and leetspeak. I "LOL" and "OMG" with the best of them and I do use some net abbreviations, but for the love of all that is unholy, type out the freakin' 3-4 letter words... I do not respond well to u(you), 4(for), etc... otherwise, I suck at grammar so I'm not so much a nazi as I just have a lot of things that peeve me off...

I also rarely finish a complete train of thought, so I tend to use ellipses more than periods... I like ellipses. I like using long words, or if lacking said words, will make them up as I see fit.

Anywho, anything else, just ask... or not...

~kat

P.S. and I'm trying to find a way to kidnap Vincent... so if you find him missing from the comic one day, he's safe... I have him :P
ak-ryuu
Author

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:39 am    Post subject: Re: I despise introductions... Reply with quote

KaitLynnHt wrote:
Oh Goddess... I hate intro posts... not that it matters since I usually tend to lurk more than post anywho... most of ya'll will prolly forget I exist :P

Hi KaitLynn, welcome to the forums!

KaitLynnHt wrote:
(I like to call it Anti-Moron Syndrome)

*makes a note of that*

KaitLynnHt wrote:
I hate netspeak and leetspeak. I "LOL" and "OMG" with the best of them and I do use some net abbreviations, but for the love of all that is unholy, type out the freakin' 3-4 letter words... I do not respond well to u(you), 4(for), etc... otherwise, I suck at grammar so I'm not so much a nazi as I just have a lot of things that peeve me off...

I like you already! ;P Yeah, I'll type LOL and ROFL in the right context, and "b/c" and "srsly" if I need to type fast, but you'll never see me type "u" ... that's just the pinnacle of impoliteness, isn't it? I mean if somebody addresses me, they can darn well use more than just one hastily typed letter ... ;)

KaitLynnHt wrote:
P.S. and I'm trying to find a way to kidnap Vincent... so if you find him missing from the comic one day, he's safe... I have him :P

Oh, he'll still die when he turns 26 though, unless you'll find a way to break that curse ... Just saying ;P
KaitLynnHt

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:59 am    Post subject: Re: I despise introductions... Reply with quote

ak-ryuu wrote:
Hi KaitLynn, welcome to the forums!

arigatou! :)

Quote:
*makes a note of that*

Fact: You're safe from MOST morons if you're too scared to go out in public. Of course, there's still the internet and telemarketers, so it's not completely flawless **rolleyes**

Quote:
I like you already! ;P Yeah, I'll type LOL and ROFL in the right context, and "b/c" and "srsly" if I need to type fast, but you'll never see me type "u" ... that's just the pinnacle of impoliteness, isn't it? I mean if somebody addresses me, they can darn well use more than just one hastily typed letter ... ;)

Yeah, I use "prolly" a lot, but mostly just because I ALWAYS tend to mistype "probably" (even though I know how to spell it) so it's just easier that way. I actually had someone on a dating site message me with "ur hawt do u have pic msg me i luv u" or something along those lines... it was painful. I was attracted to my current boyfriend by his use of capitals, full sentences, paragraph breaks and punctuation... sad, but true.

Quote:
Oh, he'll still die when he turns 26 though, unless you'll find a way to break that curse ... Just saying ;P

Yeah, I kinda figured that. But at least he'll be safe from evil Baron Poopy-pants. My ex-roommate could be classified as a dragon, and he'd be pretty easy to slay without a sword :P

If I had my way, my room would be filled with rescued webcomic characters :P
Negation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and welcome to the forums. It's certainly great that you decided to join.
Only awerewolf on tuesday

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooooh, sharing time! I looove sharing time :D

I'm 19, I suffer from Asperger's Syndrome (a mild form of austism), and depression, induced by what I will simplify to relationship issues. Fortunately this is countered by the anti-depressents, which are a godsend, if not 100% effective.

I have similar dislikes for excessive abbreviations, or indeed any incorrect use of language, although I find often it's not worth the bother, and cave, although I've yet to cave on Us and 4s etc.
KaitLynnHt

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only awerewolf on tuesday wrote:
I'm 19, I suffer from Asperger's Syndrome (a mild form of austism), and depression, induced by what I will simplify to relationship issues. Fortunately this is countered by the anti-depressents, which are a godsend, if not 100% effective.

Ooo... see I have yet to find a good anti-depressant that doesn't make me want to curl up in bed and die yet (sick, not suicidal), except for the one that induced a pure hypermanic state for the duration of the time the medication was in my system (which led to the further diagnosis from depression to bi-polar). Pretty much my cycle while I was on that one was "wake, pill, spaz, crash, sleep, repeat". I could prolly hold down a job for a short time if I kept that one if it was a job that only required me to keep busy, but no thinking, as when I'm manic I tend to acquire the "Ooo look, shiny" mentality.

If nothing else, I got a lot of work done for that month... though I think my friends/family/coworkers wanted to sedate me during that time... I was a bit annoying and out of control :P

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use Citalopram, aparently I react exceptionally well to it.
KaitLynnHt

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few years ago my psych tried to switch me from anti-depressants to anti-psychotics to fix the hyper problem with the former. That is an experience that I'd prefer not repeat.

Currently I'm unmedicated. A bit unstable, but I feel a heck of a lot better when I'm not on medication :P So I keep putting off making a new psych appt cause I know they're gonna want to medicate me :|

Besides, sanity is over-rated... instability makes for daily fun :P

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yes, sanity is overrated. I'm more unstable on my meds 'cos I'm happy some of the time :D
MaxDZ8

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard!

Maybe I'm not completely entitled to speak about this but I agree with you when you say that sanity is completely overrated. I am going thuru a period in which I see alot of insane things around me... since most of those were made real by sane people, I start to think maybe they are not doing a good job or maybe being "completely sane" isn't a quality.
In fact, I try to stay away from "completely sane" behaviors although I recognize this may be some sort of stupid to write.
KaitLynnHt

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe... arigatou~

I live by the understanding that the most insane things are often those that seem the sanest (and vice versa) and that common sense is the least common thing of all.
ak-ryuu
Author

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I'll just point at my signature and say nothing more ;P
KaitLynnHt

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

**giggles** I like that...

Oh... thanks for reminding me... I still need to do my own sig... I never leave home without it!
MaxDZ8

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of signatures, looks like my sig doesn't fit the space allowed. The forum says it's too long. That's a bit of a put off considering what is allowed on other forums. Yeah, I understand this is a quite more healthy place than the average forum but still...

[manually inserted]
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.
KaitLynnHt

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

**gasp** Mine doesn't fit either... for shame!!

This is my usual sig... its a rule from Skippy's List that my family/friends have insisted be my own personal rule.

"If the thought of something makes me giggle for longer than 15 seconds, I am to assume that I am not allowed to do it."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index -> Introductions All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: