Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight
The Comic :: The Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Inactive account?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index -> Trouble?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fathom Twain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:53 am    Post subject: Inactive account? Reply with quote

I apparently already registered for this forum some time ago, but I find myself at a loss as to how to use the account I registered. When I tried to register today with my email address BluestarSorcerer@hotmail.com the site replied that this email was already registered, and that it was therefore impossible to do so now. I tried registering with a second email address, and this time it stopped me because my username was already in use - no doubt taken when I registered the first time, whenever that was. I tried sending a request for my old password, and it stopped me because the account in question was "inactive", which honestly makes sense because I have not been trying to use the forum for so long I can't even remember the last time I did try to. The solution the site recommended: contact the forum administrator. So I looked at ak-ryuu's profile, and the only means of contact it listed was to send a PM. Needless to say, this is only possible if I can log into the forum, and the problem is that I can't log into the forum.

So, here I am, registered with a secondary username and a secondary email address, and hoping I can find out how to recover my account as Fathom, which I assume is still associated with my hotmail address, despite its state of inactivity. Is there still hope?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ak-ryuu
Author

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Inactive account? Reply with quote

Hi Fathom,

Fathom Twain wrote:
I apparently already registered for this forum some time ago, but I find myself at a loss as to how to use the account I registered. When I tried to register today with my email address BluestarSorcerer@hotmail.com the site replied that this email was already registered, and that it was therefore impossible to do so now.

Hotmail is a bit infamous for throwing away registration emails, I bet that's what happened in this case so you could never complete your original registration.

Fathom Twain wrote:
I tried sending a request for my old password, and it stopped me because the account in question was "inactive", which honestly makes sense because I have not been trying to use the forum for so long I can't even remember the last time I did try to.

Nah, it was just never activated in the first place :)

Fathom Twain wrote:
The solution the site recommended: contact the forum administrator. So I looked at ak-ryuu's profile, and the only means of contact it listed was to send a PM.

My email is on the main website though ;)

Fathom Twain wrote:
Is there still hope?

I activated the "Fathom" account manually, so you should now be able to request the password reminder. (If it doesn't seem to arrive, check Hotmail's spam folder; let's hope they don't throw it out completely like they tend to do with registration mails ;)) If you have further problems, just e-mail, PM, or post in this thread, and I'll sort it out as soon as I see it :)
Fathom

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manual activation successful. Many thanks. ^_^
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ak-ryuu
Author

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fathom wrote:
Manual activation successful. Many thanks. ^_^

Yay! Welcome to the forum! ;)

Hmm, with that registration date you're actually one of the "oldest" posters here ... I can't quite remember when I opened the forum to the public, but it was probably late November 2006 or something (Yeah, I could look it up, but it's 6 AM and I should be sleeping), in any case not long before you originally registered :)
Fathom

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed, I had some vague recollection of it being a very long time ago. I don't think it counts, though, if I never activated it in the first place. Oh well, I'm here now!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index -> Trouble? All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: