Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight
The Comic :: The Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

5 years of SHD-WK!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index -> The Website
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ak-ryuu
Author

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:00 am    Post subject: 5 years of SHD-WK! Reply with quote

Hi!

SHD-WK is 5 years old today! So I thought I'd better start a thread on this topic.

I wrote a lengthy "looking back" speech that you can read here. I'm not really good at writing such things ...

Then I thought I should list my three favourite comics up to now, perhaps that gets a discussion going! But it was really hard to select just three, so here are my five favourites:

#92, because it's the beginning of Roland's spiral into madness ...
#193, because random Monty Python quotes are fun!
#249, because I had the most fun drawing this one;
#409, because I can't have a list like this and not include Tonio;
#738, because Vincent is happy for once.

(Others that didn't quite make this list include #106, #206, #302, #314, #430, #524.)

Now post yours!
Negation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two that sprang into my mind are quite old ones and close to each other in the story:

#71 and #82

#71 I like because of the really great picture and Spiky's comment.

#82 I like of course because it involves juggling with big sharp knives really close to Vincent. That must have been one very scary way to wake up ;)

third one was harder to pick, but I chose #314 in the end. Who wouldn't like a game where dragon gets to play knight and page boy pretends to be a dragon ;)

And Happy Anniversary. I wish that there will be lots of them in the future too.
Cami

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love all of the comics listed. ^-^ I'll try to go through later and find some of my favorites. It will definitely be hard to narrow them down though.

I'd like to say now, though. I first discovered this comic about a year ago and couldn't stop reading the archives. I stayed up far too late because I needed to know what happened next, and with how short each comic is it felt like it couldn't take very long to read straight through. I then sent the site to a friend and she had exactly the same reaction. We both love the characters, especially the relationship between Roland and Vincent. I'd be very sad if I didn't get to read through to the end of the story.

Also, for what it's worth, I love Friday flash games. I play every game you post until I manage to beat it (which can occasionally take awhile).

I know writing webcomics can often seem like a thankless job, so I hope you realize that you are appreciated. <3
ak-ryuu
Author

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cami wrote:
Also, for what it's worth, I love Friday flash games. I play every game you post until I manage to beat it (which can occasionally take awhile).

I'll admit that not even I do that ;) (I play most of them through,but occasionally I'll just do a level or two and post it and hope there aren't any nasty surprises.)

Cami wrote:
I know writing webcomics can often seem like a thankless job, so I hope you realize that you are appreciated. <3

Alvan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, what a wonderful 5 years it has been. Hard to pinpoint a single fav strip for me. Any that had Jonquil were nice, of course :)

And as usual, here's a fan-art with red-and-white stripes:

http://alvancow.deviantart.com/art/Why-So-Siron-104564710

one of these years I'll have time to actually make something proper, but until that, at least I have an endless supply of cheap gags I can use. :)
ak-ryuu
Author

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alvan wrote:
And as usual, here's a fan-art with red-and-white stripes:

Also posted on the fanart page. Thanks :)
ak-ryuu
Author

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:21 am    Post subject: Re: 5 years of SHD-WK! Reply with quote

ak-ryuu wrote:
here are my five favourites:
[...]
#409, because I can't have a list like this and not include Tonio;
[...]

If #750 had been out before the 5 year date, I probably would have chosen that one instead ;)
BlueSatoshi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where in the world did the Baron get a Naruto costume? Does he have, I don't know, a magic portal or something? I mean I know there's no real reason, but I'm just wondering if there can be an explanation. :)
ak-ryuu
Author

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlueSatoshi wrote:
Where in the world did the Baron get a Naruto costume?

From here.

BlueSatoshi wrote:
I mean I know there's no real reason, but I'm just wondering if there can be an explanation. :)

It probably only happens to look like one. I mean, stranger things have happened, right? ;)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index -> The Website All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: