Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight
The Comic :: The Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

tv tropes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index -> The Website
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flaplaca

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:07 am    Post subject: tv tropes Reply with quote

I was duly warned.

But still...

The Crowning Moment of Awesome? Gondor Calls For Aid?

I am happy.
Nocturne

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

....Riiight. What are you talking about, other than something Lord of the Rings related?

Ok, I looked it up. Still can't see what it has to do with anything, though.
Negation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got stuck there too ;) It's even worse than wikipedia in that respect, especially since I tend to open several tabs and trying to read them all (and all of them lead into opening more tabs..).
flaplaca

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it is a wiki, from what I could tell, but you're right. I don't even remember how I got to Crowning Moment of Awesome, but each click was just more and more addicting....
fauvem

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this is a rather ancient thread but I'm planning on creating a page for the webcomic on the weekend and I was wondering what Image would be the best fit for it
ak-ryuu
Author

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fauvem wrote:
I know this is a rather ancient thread but I'm planning on creating a page for the webcomic on the weekend and I was wondering what Image would be the best fit for it

I'm not so sure that SHD-WK should even be there, as it's not so well-known/promoted anymore (it had thousands of readers in its best days, now it's a few hundred, if even that, and I prefer it like that :))

Probably best to crop something out of one of the coloured comics (usually the round numbers); or what I'd prefer is that you'd use a crop of this one (without the text), if that's suitable:

fauvem

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ak-ryuu wrote:
I'm not so sure that SHD-WK should even be there, as it's not so well-known/promoted anymore (it had thousands of readers in its best days, now it's a few hundred, if even that, and I prefer it like that :))
You are the creator, your rights go first & creation of the page would boost the visitors stats. So, I'll shift to another page that needs to be created.
ak-ryuu
Author

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fauvem wrote:
You are the creator, your rights go first & creation of the page would boost the visitors stats. So, I'll shift to another page that needs to be created.

No, by all means do it if you want to :) (I wouldn't want to do it myself, that would just be wrong ;)) I'm just scared of any results .... Or maybe I'm scared that I will go to tvtropes again and disappear there for another 3 weeks ....
Shazbot

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This webcomic is probably more popular than Allegiance, and that has it's own page, for what it's worth.
fauvem

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Page is up. I didn't upload the image but I'm going to appeal to the masses over there before committing to the image. I've added tropes that I can remember off the top of my head. I'll probably add more once the room stops spinning and my head weighs less than a stack of bricks.
ak-ryuu
Author

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fauvem wrote:
Page is up. I didn't upload the image but I'm going to appeal to the masses over there before committing to the image. I've added tropes that I can remember off the top of my head. I'll probably add more once the room stops spinning and my head weighs less than a stack of bricks.

Thanks for doing that, fauvem :) From what I've seen so far, it looks good -- I'll have to read it more thoroughly when I'm not too scared of losing 3 days at tvtropes again ;)

If I can help finding the particular strip for a particular trope that you remember, let me know -- I should know my way around (or at least I can search through them faster on my local HD ;))
fauvem

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, that would make it easier...

Here's a link for those to lazy to search for it
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index -> The Website All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: