Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight
The Comic :: The Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Comics
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index -> General discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
semiconfused

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Fruits Basket. I try to get to Barnes and Noble when a new volume comes out in the US...and read it on the floor. The floor in the graphic novel section of Barnes and Noble is a surprisingly friendly place.

Online, besides this fine webcomic, I like Questionable Content, Married to the Sea, and xkcd. Even if I need my computer science/math major friends to explain it to me sometimes, hehe. Yay liberal arts! And I used to love A Softer World...but something weird happened to it.
ak-ryuu
Author

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

semiconfused wrote:
Online, besides this fine webcomic, I like Questionable Content, Married to the Sea, and xkcd. Even if I need my computer science/math major friends to explain it to me sometimes, hehe.

I love xkcd. (Then again, I've been a computer science/math major for a while.)
Shade

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

il make a list of all i liked to read or have read or are currently reading:
elfquest, calvin and hobbes, chobits, blade of the immortal, love hina, naruto, pondus, M, the far side, GTO, herman hedning (herman savage), dragon ball, conan, one piece, gen 13, battle chasers, tomorrow stories and much much more.
as for the online: pawn, megatokyo,spiky haired dragon and worthless knight, vg cats, the adventures of doctor mcninja, sentimental horde, pawn (the latter must be my favourite) and....yeah.
and some...ehem...dirtyer....but thats really not important!
DaVince

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have at least a few of the following comics:

Asterix & Obelix, Lucky Luke, Suske & Wiske ((Dutch) Belgian comic, not sure about its English name), Spirou.

And a whole bunch of seperate comics. I have literally tons of comics, but I can't really think of many of them right now except my favourites. :)
chaos-drone

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only recently allowed myself to get back into non-online comic books after years of fanatical devotion to the English comic book 2000 AD (they print the Judge Dredd comics, among many, many other classic characters).

I started by picking up some DC stuff I'd been wanting to read for a while, Batman Knightfall, Crisis On Infinite Earths, some Green Lantern stuff and Identity Crisis; but eventually I got hooked on Marvel Comics again, after reading The Ultimates and Ultimate Spidey.

Currently, I'm working my way through back issues of The Avengers after polishing off the entire Thunderbolts and Fantastic Four comics from Onslaught up to Civil War.

I used to read a lot of Manga when I lived in Germany, mainly because I preferred the German translations over the English ones for some reason :)
Cthonic Cultist

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooooo! Asterix! Quite the olde tyme person you are. I'm going to buy me whole bunches a books today! Maybe some new series will pop out at me.
DaVince

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cthonic Cultist wrote:
Ooooo! Asterix! Quite the olde tyme person you are.

Yet these comics are timeless. I just love them! :)

Quote:
I'm going to buy me whole bunches a books today! Maybe some new series will pop out at me.

Buy Asterix, lol.

Hey, now that we're talking about non-online comics... What about online comics that are printed too, and vice versa? ULTIMATE CONFUSION! :P
Rainaari

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaVince wrote:

Hey, now that we're talking about non-online comics... What about online comics that are printed too, and vice versa? ULTIMATE CONFUSION! :P

Hm, i once bought the first two books of Sinfest. Love them :)
imreader

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never really got into comics, but I like some graphic novels.

Mostly I read QC, xkcd, explosm, PBF, Wondermark, and Penny Arcade.
Akamar

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elfquest was a fun lot of stories... they seem to have faded into near non-existance. Last I heard, several years ago, they were trying to work with a french company to produce an animation... haven't really heard any further word since...

I started with X-men, and am a current Invincible fan.. I need to buy the past years issues... same with Runaways.

I mostly purchase manga/manhwa anymore... just depends on what catches my eye.. Manga seem easier to find on Amazon.

I'm partial to novels, otherwise.. ^^
Byeynyn

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh, comics. Uh...

I enjoy reading Asterix, Bone, and Conan.
As far as comic strips, I'd go with Calvin & Hobbes, The Far Side, and truckloads of others.
timmiboi

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I havn't posted here yet! Comics... havn't read many since i was a kid... so bear that in mind, some are kinda wierd...

Casper (the friendly ghost!) and all the other Harvey Comics
Archie Comics
Beano (and other such british comics on the odd occasion)
Asterix
Tintin
Quick and Flupke (when i found it)
Bob and Bobette (which are hard to find in english)
Some of the locally printed re-runs of the original Superman comics

And i dunno if u guys have seen those little A5 war comics? all the WWII war stories printed in black in white once a week. I wasn't around when they came out... i inherited my dad's (the first works of mine on deviantart are based on a couple of those)

and i still read all the comics that appear in the newspapers including Garfield, Dennis the Menace etc

Oh, and i have some of the anthologies of a local satire cartoon i showed Kriegel (on the website they started archiving on http://www.madamandeve.co.za/ ) some of it is local, so u may not get all of it!

Wow, thats alot of typing!

Bed time!
Mostly Harmless!

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to read Obelix and Asterix, but now that I've moved to California, they don't have any in french, and I don't like to read them in English. I was introduced to the series by my French teacher.
dragonbunny

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:01 pm    Post subject: It's (once again) official: Reply with quote

I am a geek.
Well, the thread is old so I don't suppose very many will read this, but what the heck! I read (frighteningly!) many series it seems, here we go:

Online: SHD-WK,Sinfest, Mutts, LabBratz,Fuzzy, Dilbert, M, Pondus, Nemi, Garfield,Rocky,Dilbert, Evilish,Bizarro, Looking for Group

Others: Bone, Watchmen, Sandman, The Far side, Calvin&Hobbes, Eon, quite a lot of Disney/Donald duck (pref Carl Barks and Don Rosa), Lucky Luke, Asterix

Oh,and Shade: Du er norsk, eller hva? :p
Rainaari

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:08 pm    Post subject: Re: It's (once again) official: Reply with quote

dragonbunny wrote:
I am a geek.
Well, the thread is old so I don't suppose very many will read this,

.. well, luckily the forum software sorts by last post...

dragonbunny wrote:

Online: SHD-WK,Sinfest, Mutts, LabBratz,Fuzzy, Dilbert, M, Pondus, Nemi, Garfield,Rocky,Dilbert, Evilish,Bizarro, Looking for Group
which reminds me to incorporate LabBrats into my schedule.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index -> General discussions All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: