Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight
The Comic :: The Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Comics
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index -> General discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alvan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:01 am    Post subject: Comics Reply with quote

So, do the people here read non-online comics?

I used to love manga, but lately I've been gravitating a lot towards western stuff - Strangers in Paradise, The Planetary, Ultimates, Global Frequency, Transmetropolitan, Fables, Invincible, Bite Club, The Walking Dead are stuff on my "buy as soon as you get money and/or new stuff comes out" -list

What about you?
ak-ryuu
Author

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:17 am    Post subject: Re: Comics Reply with quote

Alvan wrote:
So, do the people here read non-online comics?

Haven't read anything offline in a long time now... (well, Marvel Zombies and the Archie/Punisher crossover, they don't count, do they? ;P) ... but when I used to read lots of comics, favourites were Cerebus, Bone, Sandman, Watchmen, Hellblazer, V for Vendetta, and Batman. Yeah, all the classics... Some of these have been made into movies which I hate (ok, except some of the Batman ones), and I sure hope the others will never ever be made into movies ;)

I used to read a lot of manga too, but currently I'm only following Naruto (and not exactly "offline", either).
Rainaari

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not reading 'offline' comics right now, but 'recently'... well, rather 2-3 years ago i dug out some comics of my childhood: Lucky Luke, Valerian & Veronique (french original title: ValÈrian et Laureline), Gaston...
Belgian Classics, iirc.
Cthonic Cultist

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ummm... Young Magician and Negi-Maare about it... I've been re-reading Charby the Vampirate. That has about 650 pages in it. It's online though, so I guess that doesn't count...
Negation

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nowdays pretty much the only comics I read are from newspapers. So it's stuff like Hagar the Horrible, Dilbert, Donald Duck and such. Plus some domestic ones like "Eevertti" and "Virtanen".
Rainaari

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:29 pm    Post subject: Online Comics Reply with quote

Ok, this might get heretical:

My favourite comics beside shd are QC, Sinfest and Dilbert. Also reading some others...
Alvan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if we start talking of other online comics - Sluggy Freelance, Penny Arcade, Alien Loves Predator, Girl Genius, Perry Bible Fellowship and some others rank quite high :)
Negation

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sluggy Freelance I read too. In addition to that there's the noob, last day's of foxhound and doobl. Although doobl isn't going to update anymore I guess.
ak-ryuu
Author

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sluggy, QC, and Wapsi for me.
Cthonic Cultist

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SMBC-comics, The noob is a good one, Lozerz, This comic sucks (It's not making any new ones, but still a good read), and Beaver and Steve.
Kriegel

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only non-online comics I read would be those in newspapers, and I don't get a paper. Makes it a little more difficult, ne?

As far as other comics go, I've never been interested. I'd rather have a book, in most cases.
Negation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ak-ryuu wrote:
Sluggy, QC, and Wapsi for me.

I started really recently (like today) to read Questionable content too. It seems to be quite good.
KagekaNecavi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Online, I read Dr. McNinja, QC, Sam and Fuzzy, Sluggy, Megatokyo, Bob and George, Vampirates, and a bunch of others I'm too lazy to recall at the moment.

As far as manga, I get Shonen Jump, so I like most of those, and in addition I read Black Cat, D. Gray-man, Crono Crusade, FMA, and D.N.Angel.

And for regular American comics, I read old stuff, and only what my dad already has. Some Superman, Batman, Teen Titans, Archie, Conan the Barbarian, Xmen, Fantastic Four, Hulk, Spiderman, Daredevil, Silver Surfer, Avengers, and Metal Men. See, my dad was a comic book collector. He got rid of the majority of his collection, but we still have almost all his Conan the Barbarian and Xmen. Most of what I've read is off this spiffy CD that he has that's got the first couple of comic books for some of those, and then some of them he has in a format that he can't really put in bags. The ones we have in bags I'm not allowed to touch unless we're rebagging them.
Cthonic Cultist

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr.McNinja. That's a good one. Vampirates is also pretty good. Edge the Devil Hunter is ok. Umm... Manga? Bleach. Ummm... That's it at the moment.
myrtle

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read Elfquest. It's a story about elves (unpredictable, eh? :P). I really like the fact that they aren't LotR-elves, but elfquest-elves. They are little (child-height)(well, except for the high ones and the gliders :P), have four fingers, and really pointy ears (not like the LotR-elves, they only have tiny-pointy ears). And a lot of them ride on wolves, which means that there are a LOT of wolf-drawings in it :)

For if anyone wants to know what the elves look like, here's a picture of Cutter, the chief of the Wolfriders (the Wolfriders is the tribe where the story mainly is about, and Cutter is the main character in the whole story)

Offcourse there are a lot of different tribes.
You have the wolfriders, the sunvillagers, the gliders, the high ones(those were the first elves, and all of them are dead (except for one)), the go-backs and the wavedansers. And they all look very different :P

And I could most likely tell a LOT about the comic, and the tribes and so on, but I think that would become a bit spammy. :D
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index -> General discussions All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: