Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight
The Comic :: The Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Social Networking (MySpace, Facebook, last.fm, Wuala...)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index -> General discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ak-ryuu
Author

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:45 pm    Post subject: Social Networking (MySpace, Facebook, last.fm, Wuala...) Reply with quote

Hi,

a friend convinced me to try out Wuala, an online file sharing application, so I'm currently trying that. It supports groups, so I made a SHD-WK group (a private one though - but I can invite people), and might add a public one later, if I'm convinced that it's beneficial ...
Edit: Added a public group (Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight), feel free to join that if you're a Wuala user. No idea what it should be used for, though (in any case, only legal files please ;)).

Then I remembered that I'm on last.fm and that supports groups too, and I never made a SHD-WK group there, so I finally did (that one is public, you're welcome to join it).

There's a SHD-WK group in Second Life too, of course :) And I seem to remember somebody started a fanclub on Deviant Art.

I'm not on MySpace or Facebook and currently have no interest in joining any of those (I'm not such a social person ;P).

But then I was wondering, what other social networking sites are being used by SHD-WK readers? Which ones support groups, and just need an SHD-WK one? Good topic for a forum thread, I thought. Forum's pretty dead lately anyway ...
BlueSatoshi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't call it dead because of the RP Topic Chronic and I started by accident.
ak-ryuu
Author

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlueSatoshi wrote:
I wouldn't call it dead because of the RP Topic Chronic and I started by accident.

No, I called it dead in spite of that :) That topic is alive and fun to read ;)

Edited to add: If anyone needs a Wuala invite, PM me here on the forum with your email address (preferably not hotmail, I don't know if their spamfilters kill those invites) -- I have just a few left.
Negation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sporadically using Mosh, but that doesn't really support social networking that well (things like creating groups isn't possible). But I like that you can tell people what you're looking for and others can answer to that.
chaos-drone

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really go in for the whole social networking thing, on the grounds that I'm not a very social person :p
Aside from X-Box Live and my Dev Art blog (and soon my online portfolio/website/blog/diary thing) I'm not a member of any social-type things.
goldentails

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think i mite join Wuala
Kriegel

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah...I've sort of been a lurker lately.

I have a Facebook account. So does one of my characters (thanks timmiboi for the idea!...sort of stole it from him though). Not that I'm online often. Sort of like my blog.

Maybe you can find me...maybe you can't.
Negation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, lots of my friends seem to ve using Facebook, but I haven't gotten around to register an account there (maybe at somepoint though).

I recently started playing around with Share on Ovi (ex Twango), mainly to see what I could do with it.
tbowl

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think most people're linked to me through mySpace and TWCL. I have a facebook and comicspace but they're worthless to my comic. :/

The hard part is finding a way to connect with your fans, all of us comickers are already networked. :/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index -> General discussions All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: