Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight
The Comic :: The Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2008 Predictions
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index -> The World
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ak-ryuu
Author

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:30 pm    Post subject: 2008 Predictions Reply with quote

It's prediction time! We all know by now that only 1 out of 3 of my "predictions" for 2007 came true (I still find it really hard to estimate the speed at which the storyline advances, and usually I can cover much less story in a year of real time than I anticipated...), so I'll start with repeating those two:

1.) Somebody will leave the comic forever.

I'm already somewhat sad about it ....

2.) Somebody will be an unexpected squire.

What I said in 2007: You'll never guess this one.

And because those two are old, you get not only one, but two new ones:

3.) Blood will be spilled in the entrance hall of Dragonore.

Also taking bets on who will have to clean up the mess.

4.) Somebody finally decides that violence is the best course of action.

This may or may not be related to 3.) above.

Since the comic began in November 2003, only a year and a couple of months have passed in the comic world. I had expected to cover about a year in 2007, didn't quite make it. I expect 2008 to cover quite a bit less than a year of the storyline. At this pace, will I ever reach the end?

(Will be posting this in condensed form, and a link to this thread, with tonight's comic update.)
Nocturne

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

4 for the price of 2, yay.

4/ infers someone who isn't usually prone to violence...that probably rules out Roland (yeah, not saying he's particulaly violent, but he can get angry enough).

3/ is Ashcliff's residence, I assume? Then 3/ could be linked to 1/ and could refer to Ashcliff, Siron or someone else....note that it doesn't actually say major character either. ;P

You're killing off a cleaning maid, aren't you? How cruel. :(

EDIT: Looking at tonight's update, yeah, I'm fairly certain 4 doesn't refer to Roland. ;P
Negation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nocturne wrote:
4/ infers someone who isn't usually prone to violence...that probably ruloes out Roland (yeah, not saying he's particulaly violent, but he can get angry enough).

3/ is Ashcliff's residence, I assume? Then 3/ could be linked to 1/ and could refer to Ashcliff, Siron or someone else....note that it doesn't actually say major character either. ;P

Heh, and I would bet that it's Roland who is going to break down and assault the baron during the next year. He just can't watch longer as his friend gets tortured and abused and doesn't do anything about it by himself. I can't guess which one blood will be spilled, most likely that depends if Siron is present or not.

If the blood spilled was Roland's then it will be Vincent who is going to clean it up. Otherwise it will be Costin.
Nocturne

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roland's been prone to violence before and Vincent's stepped in before it came to blows. That'd be far too obvious.

I agree about who'll be left to clean up the mess, though. It probably depends on what happens with Siron too, whether he gets himself redeemed in Ashcliff's eyes.
AsSocietyCollapses

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roland is going to die and Vincent will be the one who acts violently as a result.

-pleasebewrongpleasebewrong-
TheOtherDibbler

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AsSocietyCollapses wrote:
Roland is going to die and Vincent will be the one who acts violently as a result.

-pleasebewrongpleasebewrong-

pleasebewrongpleasebewrongpleasebewrong

But I don't think that would happen (man, I hope not).

As for 'blood being spilled' - is that in the literal or usual sense? Usually that would mean someone is injured or killed, but it could also mean that blood is literally spilled, if for some reason someone is carrying a bowl of blood (hey, it could happen) and they trip over and spill it, then blood has been spilled in the entrance hall of Dragonore.

As for who would have to clean it up, my first thought would be Costin, but that seems kinda obvious, I'm hoping that for some reason it's the baron, that would be fun. :)

Negation wrote:
If the blood spilled was Roland's then it will be Vincent who is going to clean it up
I wish you hadn't said that. That would be so horrible.

Hrmm... someone deciding that violence is the answer... Can't be Roland, he's gone that route before, even if he hasn't ever actually followed through and fought/hurt anyone. Vincent isn't naturally violent, but he might one day snap and stand up for himself, although he seems completely broken now, so it would probably take a lot for his to reach that point. Other guesses are Spiky - also non-violent but I could see her eventually breaking and lasing out in Vincent's defense - maybe Siron against the baron? We know he doesn't like what the baron's doing but so far he's just gone along with it all quietly, if he ever decided that enough was enough he could be quite formidable, and blood probably would be spilled. And just for fun I'm also going to suggest Costin, although I cannot think of any situation that would cause him to 'finally decide that violence is the best course of action'. :D

Aaand now that I've named just about everyone as a possibility it will probably not be any of them. :P

Last edited by TheOtherDibbler on Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Psykotika

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Costin's gonna lash out and kill the Baron, make his break for power aaaand... Juriann's gonna clean it up...
or Juriann'll go lay the smackdown on someone, prolly the baron, but that's far to easy a target, unless Siron kills Spiky....
Yesssss >.>
TheOtherDibbler

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Psykotika wrote:
Costin's gonna lash out and kill the Baron, make his break for power aaaand... Juriann's gonna clean it up...
or Juriann'll go lay the smackdown on someone, prolly the baron, but that's far to easy a target, unless Siron kills Spiky....
Yesssss >.>
Deathmatch between Juriann and Costin!
Psykotika

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheOtherDibbler wrote:
Psykotika wrote:
Yesssss >.>
Deathmatch between Juriann and Costin!

and the thief guy we've heard nothing from for eons will show up in a maidcap and CLEAN UP! bwauahahaha.... ok >.> I'm good now
ak-ryuu
Author

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:59 am    Post subject: Re: 2008 Predictions Reply with quote

ak-ryuu wrote:
1.) Somebody will leave the comic forever.
2.) Somebody will be an unexpected squire.
3.) Blood will be spilled in the entrance hall of Dragonore.
4.) Somebody finally decides that violence is the best course of action.

Well. Now that I have pretty much no choice but to cut my update frequency in half, I'm pretty sure I'm not going to get to all those in 2008. These are events that aren't all that far away in the storyline, but 2 updates a week is really very slow ... Well, we'll see :)
LooseLeaf

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry. We'll sit very patiently on our pins and needles. :)

...hopefully nothing will happen to Siron, though. *Worried.*
TheOtherDibbler

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh, seeing as some of those were from last year originally, I think it's safe to say that we know how to wait. All the more time to form new theories and place more bets!
Nocturne

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the new bet is how many of these will be fufilled by 2010? ;P
ak-ryuu
Author

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that I finally managed to work with the script some more, I can safely say I'm pretty sure that I'll manage to get at least to 1) and 2) this year still :)

Would be so nice though to have 3) or 4) happen around Christmas. That's when I always end up running the most peaceful storylines...
ZeiferRei

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FREE FOR ALL IN THE BARON'S HALLWAY!

nah.. um.. I'm guessing Siron will lash out at Ashcliff, and Roland will end up cleaning up :(

how would vincent cause any particular damage, he cant hold any sharp objects. D:!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index -> The World All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: