Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight
The Comic :: The Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Another new member

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index -> Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dragonbait

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:34 am    Post subject: Another new member Reply with quote

I've been reading webcomics for a while now. Got quite a list I check constantly. Most are humorous, just because there's very few that manage to keep a good storyline going long-term.

And now, I've found one that does keep a serious story, and still manages its humor. Excellent. And it -- maybe I'm wrong, but it doesn't look like this one's going to fizzle out any time soon. That's even better. I've seen too many good comics fizzle out.

My thanks to Aran / ak_ryuu for his work and effort.

Oh, for the record ... not only am I a native speaker of English, but I'm the son of a teacher, and I'd swear there was editor's blood in me. I have a bad habit of questioning other people's grammar. If I do that, and it offends you ... I apologize ahead of time.

Last edited by Dragonbait on Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:47 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ak-ryuu
Author

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:45 am    Post subject: Re: Another new member Reply with quote

Hi Dragonbait, interesting name ;)

Dragonbait wrote:
And now, I've found one that does keep a serious story, and still manages its humor. Excellent. And it -- maybe I'm wrong, but it doesn't look like this one's going to fizzle out any time soon. That's even better. I've seen too many good comics fizzle out.

Assuming you mean this one here -- thanks a lot :) It shouldn't fizzle out any time soon ... The story has a definite ending, and it's my top priority not to skip a single update until I have reached that. (And the ending is a couple of years ahead still, too.)

Dragonbait wrote:
Oh, for the record ... not only am I a native speaker of English, but I'm the son of a teacher, and I'd swear there was editor's blood in me. I have a bad habit of questioning other people's grammar. If I do that, and it offends you ... I apologize ahead of time.

In regards to the comic, please do correct me if you find any errors. Keep in mind that I am trying to use British spellings there, though ;P

OK, this is the point where I should point you towards the polls .... But this posting is long enough already :)
Dragonbait

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I'd explain the name, but ... very few people understand it anyway. It's from the Forgotten Realms; that's all I'll say for now. Most people just call me 'Bait.

Now, these polls of which you speak ... *wanders off in search of same.*
Nocturne

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dragonbait wrote:
Thanks. I'd explain the name, but ... very few people understand it anyway. It's from the Forgotten Realms; that's all I'll say for now. Most people just call me 'Bait.

Hmm, I read a lot of Forgotten Realms stuff...where did the name come from? Well, assuming you don't mind providing the summary version. ;)

Oh, and yes, welcome to the SHD forum. :)
Dragonbait

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Summary version"? Okay, let's see ... Dragonbait is a saurial paladin ("saurial" meaning, his people evolved from dinosaurs). But he doesn't act like a paladin; he acts like a court jester. His human partner is Alias of Westgate, also called Alias of the Azure Bonds. The two of them first appear in the Finder's Stone trilogy (Azure Bonds, The Wyvern's Spur,, and Song of the Saurials), as well as the Harper novel Masquerade; they are Harper allies. Alias's "father", Finder Wyvernspur, was a friend of Elminster, and is now a very low-ranking god (see the Harper novel Finder's Bane). I think Jeff Grubb wrote all the books, and that Kate Novak helped on at least the first, but I can't recall right now.

Spin-offs include the Curse of the Azure Bonds AD&D module and the 1st Edition computer game.

If you've never heard of this one, don't feel bad. The third book in the Finder's Stone trilogy refers to the Time of Troubles as "last year", so the books are just a little ... dated.
Negation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and welcome to the forums.

I actually remember when Curse of the Azure Bonds was released as a computer game. Never played it though, even when it looked really interesting. Main problem was that the computer I had was in really small minority and practically no games were published for it ;)
Dragonbait

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I've still got that game; found a CD-ROM with all the old Gold Box games on it about a decade ago. And I still enjoy it from time to time; it's certainly better than its predecessor.

But, we didn't come to discuss my offbeat gaming habits; we came to celebrate an excellently-written webcomic. And that's what I intend to do, in the rest of the forum ... as soon as I get used to the layout.
Kriegel

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes! Another Georgian! And an editor! Okay, so I just edit when convenient (I ignore rules sometimes). But anyway...
Dragonbait

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forget the "Georgia" part. I'm more interested in your sig. Mostly because, it's a belief I share.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Nocturne

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dragonbait wrote:
"Summary version"?

Ok, yeah...I usually stick to the newer books, with the exception of the first Forgotten Realms trilogy, some of the older 'Realms-wide' events and naturally, the R.A Salvatore clichÈd renegade drow books (that I don't actually like that much, anyways...)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index -> Introductions All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: