Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight
The Comic :: The Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kingdom of Loathing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index -> General discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nocturne

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:09 am    Post subject: Kingdom of Loathing Reply with quote

As another contribution to the whole online games scene...I thought I'd make a thread about another one.

http://www.kingdomofloathing.com/

You start off by building a character up, choosing a class that follows Muscle (so, a couple of Fighter type classes), Mysticality (a couple of spellcasting classes) and Moxie (a couple of Thief types)...from there, the Council of Loathing provides you quests to complete...all of this sounds fairly standard, of course, though it isn't anywhere near as fancy as something like Morrowind etc...you have a number of turns per day to use, and you can eat or drink certain things that increase your number of turns too...

It's filled with various cliches, which appeal to me at least...say, an airship with a Protaganist that has a huge sword and a spunky princess who is in love with him alluding to Final Fantasy, that's just one example of it.

Once you complete the game with one character, you can 'ascend' and start again with a new class ad access to some stuff you didn't have before.

I probably didn't need to go into all this detail...but it's a good game, worth trying out (as not as time-consuming as certain things *coughSLcough*). ^_^
Negation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried the game briefly and it's definitely fun. Tongue-in-cheek style RPG that doesn't take much time is always welcome ;) But since I'm out of turns for today, I have to wait for tomorrow to continue my adventures.
Nocturne

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you like it.

Since I have an established character, I probably have quite a stash of low-level equipment...I don't mind helping some people out a little bit if they need it. I also have a clan which includes a tree that can give you 500 meat a day (the currency in KoL), which is definitely useful when you're low on it.
Cthonic Cultist

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't played this in some time! I heard about it in a newspaper article, strangely enough. A fun little game, but like many turned based games gets boring quickly enough. I found another good one http://www.brainchef.com/alpha/login.game
But the current round is over. I'll let you guyses know when a new one is out.
Negation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be interesting to belong to the clan, but I think I'll continue playing without for a while still and reconsider a bit later. Like when I'm somewhat seasoned and not just another newbie ;)

I really like the descriptions the game gives sometimes. Without creative descriptions and plenty of them even, the game wouldn't be the same.
tbowl

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whenever I see these games it makes me want to make my own so unbelievably bad.... Things are just too rough right now...
goldentails

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

try clan vulcan. say that goldentails (or vgcatsfan) sent ya. we got the hobo flex work out a poted meat bush the taning thing girl of the month calander tomes of magic things and what not a "skill" crain. i'm joined at lvl 3 and now i'm lvl 6-8. also search in the hunted pantry alot it's realy a house.
Kinzoku

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked it, but I stopped playing for a long time and they delete inactive accounts. So I've been erased and don't feel like starting over. But it sure was fun playing it with my friends when they were active in it, too. We had a guild or clan or whatever called This Balanced Breakfast and I was the leader with the title The Holy Bagel, and everyone else's titles had to do with breakfast (like "Hot Pot of Coffee" and "Tasty Oatmeal")
Nocturne

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice titles. :)

If you ascend your character, then your account won't get deleted, I think. Sometimes I don't log in for months at a time and the account's survived anyway (ascending's quite a bit of work in the irst place, though).
goldentails

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*pokes everyone on the form*
Nocturne

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*pokes Goldentails back*

Thanks for the completely random post, eh?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index -> General discussions All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: