Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight
The Comic :: The Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking for boxing dragons
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index -> Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daigerus

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 8:05 am    Post subject: Looking for boxing dragons Reply with quote

Yeah, I am. :) Really.

Oh yeah, call me Daiger. I'm an avid fan of boxing dragons (and other anthropomorphic reptiles), and while this comic certainly doesn't have those, I was still drawn in by the surrealism of the art and storyline. In fact, it's somewhat reminiscient to Peanuts - just throw in Vincent Worthless for Charlie Brown and Spiky for Snoopy and you got one realistic rendition of Peanuts in a fantasy sense.

But that's just me.

Here's a pic to show you what I mean by boxing dragons/lizards:

Negation

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and welcome to the forums. Great that you decided to join us here.

I like dynamics in your picture. It's not easy to draw forceful action like that.
ak-ryuu
Author

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 12:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for boxing dragons Reply with quote

Hi Daiger, welcome to the forums!

Daigerus wrote:
I'm an avid fan of boxing dragons (and other anthropomorphic reptiles)

*considers drawing Spiky with boxing gloves on* (Hmm, that would make a good voting incentive picture ;P)

Anyway, go and vote in all the polls if you haven't yet, enjoy your stay, and .. whatever else it was that I always say in these introduction threads ;)
blackblaster

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome
DesertNaiad

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi! :)
Negation

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, I had to go and doodle a picture of Vincent against a dragon in a boxing match. Not entirely happy about the results, so it's in the doodles folder and won't get into fan-art page unless I manage to finish it.
Bokaashmi

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello and welcome! *looks at both drawings* hey, that's cool
Kriegel

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi.

Anthro dragons are great.
Daigerus

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Negation: Thanks for the welcome and enjoying the pic! Yeah, that one took me a while to get right. ^^; And that's quite a good doodle there. The dragon's head looks familiar though - you watched a show called Dragon Booster?

Ak-Ryuu: Hi! You got a really great comic here. :) Would Peanuts be one of your main influences, or was it something else entirely? Because I could imagine Snoopy/Woddstick talking like Spiky. :P

Quote:
*considers drawing Spiky with boxing gloves on* (Hmm, that would make a good voting incentive picture ;P)

Anyway, go and vote in all the polls if you haven't yet, enjoy your stay, and .. whatever else it was that I always say in these introduction threads ;)

Ah, sure! :) Heh, boxing Spiky would be a sight to see. And I'll check out those polls as well.

DesertNaiad and Blackbuster: Heya. :)

Bokaashmi: Hi! Thanks for enjoying the pic! Where did you get your name from? I misspelled it as "Bookashim". ^^;

Kriegel: Most definitely. :D
Negation

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daigerus wrote:
Negation: Thanks for the welcome and enjoying the pic! Yeah, that one took me a while to get right. ^^; And that's quite a good doodle there. The dragon's head looks familiar though - you watched a show called Dragon Booster?

Thanks for the compliment ;) No, I don't think I have ever watched Dragon Booster. The head of the dragon was just result of couple random lines, cleaned up and connected. It sort of reminds me of some dragon in one of the Final Fantasies (but I can't remember which one).
ak-ryuu
Author

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daigerus wrote:
Ak-Ryuu: Hi! You got a really great comic here. :)

Daigerus wrote:
Would Peanuts be one of your main influences, or was it something else entirely? Because I could imagine Snoopy/Woddstick talking like Spiky. :P

I have certainly read a lot of Peanuts as a kid, but I have never considered it a main influence (or an influence at all) ... it could surely be on a subconscious level though. And I always loved Woodstock, and yeah, Spiky is like him or Snoopy in some ways :)

Hmm, influences. I'd really have to think about that a lot before I can come up with a satisfactory answer. Most likely, my main influence is Sluggy Freelance ...
Daigerus

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Negation: Ah, I see and yeah, it sort of does. Been a while since I played a Final Fantasy though. How long have you been drawing?

Ak-Ryuu: Ah, Sluggy Freelance? *checks out first few strips* Hmm, I see what you mean. :P I guess I was reminded of Peanuts because of the simplistic art style and such.
imreader

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and welcome.

I never thought I'd see "boxing" and "dragons" typed together, but the drawing did it justice.
Negation

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daigerus wrote:
Negation: Ah, I see and yeah, it sort of does. Been a while since I played a Final Fantasy though. How long have you been drawing?

It depends how you count it. I have been drawing most of my life, but giving it a bit more effort for 5 or so years. If you like, you could have a look at oktaeder.net for other things I have drawn. Like the coloured version of the Boxing dragon ;P
timmiboi

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum! had to investigate the boxing lizard dragon claim! (i like the doodle as well Negation!)

uummm there was something else i had to say... but it escapes me now... ill get back to u when by brain ever thaws out

EDIT (2 seconds after original post) AH! i remember dragon booster! cool show... no wings... but people hit each other with staff's (stave's staffffss um i dunno) and all in crazy cool cell shading... good times
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index -> Introductions All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: