Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight
The Comic :: The Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Feedback... as requested!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index -> The World
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnTheWysard

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 3:07 am    Post subject: Feedback... as requested! Reply with quote

I sympathize with the feeling that you're just throwing your ideas into the dark... but fear not. You have more loyal fans than you know!

I haven't really gotten into Spiky's World yet but the main comic really has my interest... trying to predict what will happen, and feeling the real humanity (and dragonity, and whateveritisness of Siron) of the characters. Well done.
ak-ryuu
Author

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 3:24 am    Post subject: Re: Feedback... as requested! Reply with quote

JohnTheWysard wrote:
the main comic really has my interest... trying to predict what will happen, and feeling the real humanity (and dragonity, and whateveritisness of Siron) of the characters. Well done.

Thanks! Sometimes, though, it also is sort of a scary thought that there are many loyal fans out there. Some sort of "what is this thing that I have created?" feeling. (I wonder when I will reach the "If I kill off character X, will all the readers hate me?" feeling ;P)

"Whateveritisness". My favourite new word for today :) (Although at first glance, it looks like some sort of ... illness or infection or something ;))
Shade

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 8:30 am    Post subject: feedback on the comic Reply with quote

yeah. you know...
if i am to be 100% honest: SHD-WK is not the best drawn comic ive ever seen, but the style fits perfect for the theme.while the style is not ugly, it is simple. simple is good.
it have a sort of... realism...
that other comics lack. Also, that dragon is cute,eh?
sent it to a irish guy i know. he liked it very much.

(cus it was the main comic you wanted feecdback on. right?)
Negation

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me the whole comic has been sort of like a journey. I have been following it since the begining and when I started reading it, I really didn't expect it to turn this direction. I was half-ways expecting it to be light-hearted and easygoing comic about a knight and his comical side-kick dragon ;) And it has been very great ride to learn to know the characters better and see them to try to live best they can in their current situation. So it's definitely the story that hooked me and makes me want to read more.
Darb

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 11:39 pm    Post subject: Feeedmeback Reply with quote

Personally I really do like the art style. Whenever I attempt to make a comic I end up making the art far to complicated and I can never replicate it. It is my personal belief that no art is bad regardless of how it looks. Each piece has a story to tell and a deep meaning rooted within it. SHD-WK is one giant work of art with a compelling and thought provoking story that continues to entertain. Keep up the great work.
imreader

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's good about the way you tell the story is that you don't go too fast to make the story go by too quickly, but it doesn't seem to plod along like others I've read.
ak-ryuu
Author

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imreader wrote:
What's good about the way you tell the story is that you don't go too fast to make the story go by too quickly, but it doesn't seem to plod along like others I've read.

... Really? I still think sometimes that it goes too slow. Then again, I sometimes skip a couple weeks between comics, without clearly saying so, and then I wonder if I really should have done that. But if nothing exciting happens to the characters, who would want to read that anyway, right? ;)

The pacing was quite bad though back when SHD-WK updated only twice a week. That really made the story go quite a bit too slow, I think.
imreader

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But I think you have to realize that when I read all those, I read them in the span of two or three nights.

I just like the pacing now.
Byeynyn

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Really? I still think sometimes that it goes too slow. Then again, I sometimes skip a couple weeks between comics, without clearly saying so, and then I wonder if I really should have done that.

That's fine. I'll bet it's incredibly hard to make four-panel comics fast and action packed. Unless you're worried about turning the comic into a soap opera, taking it slow and finding the balance between plot advancement and humor (especially humor) is key.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index -> The World All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: