Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight
The Comic :: The Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Slow post submit FIXED (hopefully)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index -> Trouble?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ak-ryuu
Author

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:38 pm    Post subject: Slow post submit FIXED (hopefully) Reply with quote

Hi,
some of you have probably noticed that submitting a post was taking longer and longer in the past days ... after some searching around the support forum for the board software and ran a repair on the database tables, I think (hope) I have fixed the problem now.

Although it just dawned on me that it could also be a problem with the mailserver, if it happens only on PMs or on threads where somebody has asked for notification of new posts per mail ... if it is the mailserver causing the long wait problems, then I won't be able to fix it easily.

Anyway, please post in this thread if you notice further problems with long submit times. Thanks :)
ak-ryuu
Author

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm. It seems that the slow submit problem was the sum of both ... the database clean-up fixed some of it, but in threads where somebody has posted that has "Always notify me of replies" set, the Submit can take a long while because the mailserver sends out the mail after saving the post to the database, but before displaying the "Posted successfully" message; and the mailserver is slow sometimes.

Anyway, I'll look into fixing this, if at all possible .... and please be patient and wait a while for the posting to go through after you click Submit, if you happen to post on a thread where it seems to be taking longer :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index -> Trouble? All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: