Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight
The Comic :: The Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to break the curse
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index -> The World
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Negation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flaplaca wrote:
How about a tavern called The Worthless Dragon, and Vincent burns it to the ground?

I think it would be funny if he could get rid of the curse by using some utterly strange loop-hole, like burning down a tavern called The Worthless Dragon. Bonus points if it would be the baron's and he had ordered Vincent to burn it ;P
Daigerus

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got another thought:

You know how the baron could declare the curse on another person if he wishes? What if he declare to pass on the curse on someone who's already 26?

Not sure how this helps Vincent, but it's a loophole that I realized.

Hmm...or maybe Vincent should try to find some fountains of youth.
Silver Dragon

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daigerus wrote:

Hmm...or maybe Vincent should try to find some fountains of youth.

Think he would have more luck killing dragons then finding a fountain of youth... unless he has a map, something I doubt highly. Maybe he could roll a sleeping dragon of a mountain ^_^ worth a try.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Daigerus

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver Dragon wrote:
Maybe he could roll a sleeping dragon of a mountain ^_^ worth a try.

Possibly, and what about poison? I suggested that two pages back, but no one tried to refute me on that point. XD Poisoning is killing indirectly, right?
ak-ryuu
Author

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daigerus wrote:
Poisoning is killing indirectly, right?

Poisoning (if with intent) would count as killing, and I have established in some non-public backstory that poison does not trigger the curse (i.e. does not zap), so this seems to be a fairly good option.

The questions that remain are of course, can a dragon be poisoned (or are they immune)? How do you get a dragon to ingest a poison? And would Vincent do such a thing?

Last edited by ak-ryuu on Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rainaari

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ak-ryuu wrote:

The questions that remain are of course, can a dragon be poisoned (or are they immune)?

Arsenic or Rat Poison, maybe even cyanide might do the job. Although it takes a huge amount to kill a dragon. Taking Spikys attitude towards Whisky and a reciepe of one of my co-workers favored party drink, you should be able to put about anything in a mixture of 200proof (? - OK, lets assume 90% pure) alc, cream and sugar...

ak-ryuu wrote:

How do you get a dragon to ingest a poison? And would Vincent do such a thing?

I'm pretty sure Vincents attitude towards the knights code would forbid poison. It's just not honorable.
JSmith

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are two ways to remove the curse. The first way, which everyone's talking about, is for Vincent to kill a dragon. The second, which has been ignored up to this point, is for the baron to agree to have it removed.

I think the second option is far more likely. Knowing the current baron, it'll happen about when hell freezes over. But if the baron were to have an unfortunate accident, it would be up to his successor to decide whether or not to have the curse removed.
ak-ryuu
Author

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi JSmith, welcome to the forums!

JSmith wrote:
There are two ways to remove the curse. The first way, which everyone's talking about, is for Vincent to kill a dragon. The second, which has been ignored up to this point, is for the baron to agree to have it removed.

The second way requires the dragons'/Edgar's cooperation, though. And then there's a third way ...

JSmith wrote:
But if the baron were to have an unfortunate accident, it would be up to his successor to decide whether or not to have the curse removed.

Ah, but if the baron had an unfortunate accident right now, then I'm not so sure that his successor wouldn't make it worse ... :)
Negation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ak-ryuu wrote:
Hi JSmith, welcome to the forums!

JSmith wrote:

The second way requires the dragons'/Edgar's cooperation, though. And then there's a third way ...

What would be the third way? (I'm not really expecting an answer though ;P)

It can't be anything so simple like changing his last name to something else. But I guess it has to be something quite different than what we have already tried to think. Something that's relatively simple when you think of it, but still hard to figure out.
JSmith

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ak-ryuu wrote:

Yeah. He can die.

Quote:

Ah, but if the baron had an unfortunate accident right now, then I'm not so sure that his successor wouldn't make it worse ... :)

That depends on the nature of the accident. And for dramatic timing reasons I don't think it'll happen anyway until near his 26th birthday anyway. Costin will conveniently be over 21 by then.
Daigerus

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What if we can find a dragon who's suicidal? :P

All it would take is a little angst, spoon-feed with a harsh dose of cynicism and depression and you got yourself an emo dragon who's just asking to get killed off by your local cursed knight. I mean, literally asking. ;)

But this is probably too radical of a solution, wouldn't it?
Negation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daigerus wrote:
What if we can find a dragon who's suicidal? :P

That would be really convenient. Then at least he wouldn't have to worry about being attacked by the dragon. It still leaves the question how to kill the dragon, but it seems that the poison has been found the best option currently.

I was wondering if trying to kill with one method only is a wrong approach. Killing with several methods, but with less force might zap less. But stabbing a little bit with slightly poisoned blade a slightly drowning dragon doesn't sound so feasible ;) So most likely that's not a good direction.

And of course Vincent would need decide to kill the dragon. He isn't a type of person who goes around happily killing suicidal creatures.
Daigerus

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Negation wrote:
And of course Vincent would need decide to kill the dragon. He isn't a type of person who goes around happily killing suicidal creatures.

Great, now I got a mental image of Vincent prancing around, smiling while he kills suicidal dragons with allergy-inducing spray. XD Dragons can have allergies, right?

Given how prone he is to mind control, we could always do hypnosis or brainwashing on him. Also, who's to say that Vincent has to do it alone?

Here's plan A:

-Knock Vincent out
-Somehow tie any random appendage of his with any weapon
-Get someone to hold his weapon/appendage and use it to stab said suicidal dragon

Plan B:

Same as Plan A, except change step 1 to "Get him drunk or induce him to hallucinatory drugs".

Plan C:

-Get Vincent to accidentally kill said dragon

Plan D:

-Force Vincent to break the curse by swearing at him, I mean, swearing an oath at him.

Plan E:

-Freeze Vincent till his 26th birthday passes by.

Plan F:

-Use magic/organ trasplant to somehow revive Vincent after he dies from the curse.

Plan G:

-Make Edgar suicidal somehow.

Plan H:

-Turn Vincent into a dragon and make him "clinically dead".

And that's all I have. XD
ak-ryuu
Author

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daigerus wrote:
(plans A - H)

Sadly, most of those won't work, i.e. don't count as "Vincent killing a dragon"...

Daigerus wrote:
Plan D:
-Force Vincent to break the curse by swearing at him, I mean, swearing an oath at him.

This one sounds interesting, although I'm not quite sure what you mean by it :)
Nocturne

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plan I: Find a geriatric dragon that won't put up much of a fight...although, in D&D, the older they are, the more dangerous they get (how can an ancient dragon be so tough, anyway?)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index -> The World All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: