Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight
The Comic :: The Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to break the curse
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index -> The World
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ilnara

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:10 am    Post subject: How to break the curse Reply with quote

Been thinking up theories on how Vincent can break the curse? Then let's hear them.

I think that the dragons are able to use their magic to modify the curse so that Vincent can touch a weapon that has just been held or is being held by a dragon. The 3 times I remember in the comic where he held a weapon without being zapped was when a dragon had been the last to hold them. Of course that hasn't stopped the dragons from playing with him and letting him get zapped on every other occasion. I think once Vincent realizes that this is happening he'll have to convince Spiky to use her ability to let him hold the sword long enough to slay a dragon. After all, there has to be some dragon that all the other dragons wouldn't mind seeing dead.

Then again, on those occasions Vincent was fairly angry at people too so it might also have something to do with wanting to hurt or kill people that let's him hold a weapon. Kind of a dragon attitude to get around the curse perhaps?
Negation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But in conversation in comics #462 and #463 Spiky states after some hesitation that she's not able to let Vincent to hold a weapon. Might be that she could learn that, but at the moment she can't do that.

But she also says that Alexander won't do that, meaning that he is able to do that. Vincent could try convince him or try to ask Spiky to find another dragon who could modify the curse. The curse is dragon origin, so they must know the way to modify it, if not completely lift it.

The way I have been trying to figure out way to break the curse is somewhat different. Since Vincent can't hold a weapon, but has to kill a dragon, couldn't he build something to kill a dragon? Would it work if he creates a trap (not sure if it wouldn't zap him already though), dragon steps into it and dies? Catapults and such would surely zap, so those I have dismissed as non-working solution.
chaos-drone

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The main question on my mind is whether the dragons in the story follow a particular hierarchy.

To explain exactly what I mean, I'll use the Dragonflights from Warcraft as an example. In the Warcraft world, there are five Dragonflights each representing the primal forces of the world: Blue = Magic, Green = Nature, Bronze = Time, Black = Earth/Stone, Red = Life.
In dragonic hierarchy, members of the Red Dragonflight are generally more powerful than the other flights, but each flight is the most powerful within its own domain. The flights also often overlap, particularly the Green and Black, although the Green flight cares for the 'true' world while the Black safeguard the 'actual' world.
Additionally, each flight has its own individual hierarchy with the masters of the flights being the most powerful dragons in existence and employing their own specially trained generals and lieutenants.

If we were to apply such a hierarchy to the dragons in Vincent's world - and I think it would be fair to assume dragonkind have some sort of social structure - Spiky, being a newborn, would be fairly low in the hierarchy, while Alexander, being a powerful male, would be higher.

In terms of dragonic magic, one would again assume that dragons would have to be of roughly equal standing within the hierarchy to be able to affect each others spells.

Anyway, all theory and interesting enough to discuss, but perhaps Vincent is going about breaking the curse the wrong way? Perhaps rather than trying to kill a powerful dragon he should look for one that's near death and 'ease its passing' so to speak ;)
Seems to me like that would be the easier choice... unless of course, these dragons are immortal, in which case Vincent's so screwed it's not even funny xD
ak-ryuu
Author

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chaos-drone wrote:
(...)while Alexander, being a powerful male, would be higher.

Actually, Alexander is a youngster still.

chaos-drone wrote:
Anyway, all theory and interesting enough to discuss, but perhaps Vincent is going about breaking the curse the wrong way?

One could also discuss whether he even wants to break the curse at all ;P
chaos-drone

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ak-ryuu wrote:
chaos-drone wrote:

Interesting, but I was actually sort of just referring to him being older than Spiky :)

ak-ryuu wrote:
chaos-drone wrote:
Anyway, all theory and interesting enough to discuss, but perhaps Vincent is going about breaking the curse the wrong way?

One could also discuss whether he even wants to break the curse at all ;P

Very true ^.^

Heh again with the images in my head... now I'm seeing Vincent as some sad little Emo kid obsessed with his own death >.>

Last edited by chaos-drone on Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
ak-ryuu
Author

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chaos-drone wrote:
ak-ryuu wrote:
chaos-drone wrote:

Interesting, but I was actually sort of just referring to him being older than Spiky :)

Actually ("actually" being my favourite word today, I guess), he is powerful for his age, too, so what you said was perfectly correct anyway :)

chaos-drone wrote:
Heh again with the images in my head... now I'm seeing Vincent as some sad little Emo kid obsessed with his own death >.>

Hehe. I have some pictures somewhere of emokid!Vincent, but they aren't good enough to post. I should draw a better one some day. But he's more the "I don't care, whatever" type than the "everything sucks, my life is so sad" type ;) (Of course he can't play around with razor blades anyway, so ....)

Disclaimer: Not meaning to make fun of emo kids. No, really.
Negation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ak-ryuu wrote:

chaos-drone wrote:

Hehe. I have some pictures somewhere of emokid!Vincent, but they aren't good enough to post. I should draw a better one some day. But he's more the "I don't care, whatever" type than the "everything sucks, my life is so sad" type ;) (Of course he can't play around with razor blades anyway, so ....)

rofl, image of Vincent playing with the razor blades made me laugh ;)
Ilnara

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Negation wrote:
But in conversation in comics #462 and #463 Spiky states after some hesitation that she's not able to let Vincent to hold a weapon. Might be that she could learn that, but at the moment she can't do that.

In comics #126 and #127 Spiky admits that she put the knife on the table because Shura told her to, although nothing is said about whether or not Shura gave her the knife to place there.

I was thinking that the hesitation about not being allowed to help Vincent hold weapons came from her not wanting to admit that she isn't permitted to because she is with him and not because she didn't have the ability to do so. This would mean that she had been allowed to help with the knife because Shura had told her to place it on the nighttable. Or that she knew that Shura had done something with the knife.

Now for my other theory...

Negation wrote:
The way I have been trying to figure out way to break the curse is somewhat different. Since Vincent can't hold a weapon, but has to kill a dragon, couldn't he build something to kill a dragon?

and

chaos-drone wrote:
...perhaps Vincent is going about breaking the curse the wrong way? Perhaps rather than trying to kill a powerful dragon he should look for one that's near death and 'ease its passing' so to speak ;)

Let's add in, what if Vincent were to destroy something representing a dragon like a statue or huge kite. That would "kill" the dragon. Although I think the dragons would be smart enough to know that could be a loophole so I wonder if they would leave it in so that none of them would die.

Right now Vincent doesn't seem too interested in finding a way to break the curse because he hasn't found anything worth living for. He worries that his friends will get hurt or killed trying to help him break the curse so it's better if he doesn't try to break it. Also he probably feels it's better not to worry about another generation having to deal with the curse, sort of the "let it die with me" mentality. He does mention once that he doesn't want to have kids so he obviously doesn't want the curse to run for another generation.
ak-ryuu
Author

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ilnara wrote:
Right now Vincent doesn't seem too interested in finding a way to break the curse because he hasn't found anything worth living for.

Or because he is used to the thought anyway, and doesn't believe he would be able to break it anyway...

Ilnara wrote:
He does mention once that he doesn't want to have kids so he obviously doesn't want the curse to run for another generation.

Really, was it only once during the comic? I probably remember wrong and the other instances I seem to recall are from the backstory ;P But yeah, he has firmly decided that the curse will end with him.
Negation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ilnara wrote:
Negation wrote:
The way I have been trying to figure out way to break the curse is somewhat different. Since Vincent can't hold a weapon, but has to kill a dragon, couldn't he build something to kill a dragon?

and

chaos-drone wrote:
...perhaps Vincent is going about breaking the curse the wrong way? Perhaps rather than trying to kill a powerful dragon he should look for one that's near death and 'ease its passing' so to speak ;)

Let's add in, what if Vincent were to destroy something representing a dragon like a statue or huge kite. That would "kill" the dragon. Although I think the dragons would be smart enough to know that could be a loophole so I wonder if they would leave it in so that none of them would die.

That could be possible. But Edgar's little brother was killed for the curse, so I find it a bit hard to believe that the dragon's would settle for anything half-hearted for such an exchange. Although on the other hand, Edgar just found it convenient that he got killed. Hard to say for sure, but I think they wouldn't create any loop-holes like that. Especially not with a permission of the old baron.

Ilnara wrote:
Right now Vincent doesn't seem too interested in finding a way to break the curse because he hasn't found anything worth living for. He worries that his friends will get hurt or killed trying to help him break the curse so it's better if he doesn't try to break it. Also he probably feels it's better not to worry about another generation having to deal with the curse, sort of the "let it die with me" mentality. He does mention once that he doesn't want to have kids so he obviously doesn't want the curse to run for another generation.

That's the feeling that I got too. On the other he still values his own life and absolutely refuses to even think of ending it.
TheModestOtter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chaos-drone wrote:

Whoever said he wasn't? :D

Seriously though, I find Vincent to be quite the little emo kid. At least during the earlier episodes in the comic.

"No, not really."
Shade

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:35 am    Post subject: CHOKE Reply with quote

AW! come on! all he needs to do is kill a dragon! so he just sneaks into that scottish dragon mans cave and choke him!
Negation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:31 pm    Post subject: Re: CHOKE Reply with quote

Shade wrote:
AW! come on! all he needs to do is kill a dragon! so he just sneaks into that scottish dragon mans cave and choke him!

That should work I guess. Edgar is a half-dragon though, but considers himself as a real dragon (if I remember everything correctly). Would killing a half-dragon be enough to lift the curse?
ak-ryuu
Author

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:16 pm    Post subject: Re: CHOKE Reply with quote

Negation wrote:
Would killing a half-dragon be enough to lift the curse?

Maybe that lifts half the curse ;P
Negation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:04 pm    Post subject: Re: CHOKE Reply with quote

ak-ryuu wrote:
Negation wrote:
Would killing a half-dragon be enough to lift the curse?

Maybe that lifts half the curse ;P

I wonder if it would mean that zaps aren't so violent anymore or if he only gets zapped every other day ;)

I would guess though it's all or nothing with the curse though. So either Vincent gets rid of it or not, there wouldn't be middle ground. But that we of course see only if Vincent actually kills Edgar ;)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index -> The World All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: