Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight
The Comic :: The Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fanart Help? Really, it's nothing much...
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index -> The Website
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheModestOtter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:43 am    Post subject: Fanart Help? Really, it's nothing much... Reply with quote

I am in the process of being nearly-finished with a picture, of a future Spikey, Vincent, and Roland, and I need a little help...

You see, Photoshop and I are MORTAL ENEMIES. But I am very good friends with pen and paper. So... Is there anyone other there that could clean and re-size my art?

Seriously, my dad should be scanning it right now at work... Is there anyone that could help?

"No, not really."
TheModestOtter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a link to the raw picture...

http://www.2and2.net/files/46131e05038b3.jpg

Anyone? Or the Author could take it scrappy if he likes?

"No, not really."
chaos-drone

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could, but I'm really busy right now with assignments. If you don't mind waiting for a while I can clean it in Photoshop for you no problem.

PS: If you're a bit dubious about letting some random person muck around with your work (and I would be), here's a link to stuff I've done before.
ak-ryuu
Author

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and welcome!

Sorry, I slept too long today, normally I'm much faster with my replies :)

TheModestOtter wrote:
Here is a link to the raw picture...
http://www.2and2.net/files/46131e05038b3.jpg
Anyone? Or the Author could take it scrappy if he likes?

Oh, this is *so* cute. I'll clean and resize it and put it up in a short while, when I'm awake enough.

Thanks!!
ak-ryuu
Author

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All right, I uploaded it, it's here :)

The scan wasn't complete, so I took out the partial text in the corner and some pixels on the right side. Otherwise I levelled it (so the background is white and the darkest lines are black), cleaned up a few smudges outside the characters, and saved it as grayscale.

Because the text was only partial in the scan, I'm not sure now what the title of the picture is, I named it "Future" for now. Also the picture currently doesn't have any signature on it, because I wasn't sure which part of the text I should use (if any). But let me know if you want anything changed or fixed or added, and I'll do it if I can!

Thanks again, especially Spiky is too cute for words there :)
TheModestOtter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, no... Anooo, I'm so nervous! Wow, the author!

No, everything's fine. My dad kinda scanned it funny, so I don't mind that you cut out the text. All it had was my signature, the title and that it was only for distribution here, but I doubt anyone wants to steal it, lol.

It was meant to be a picture of the future! See, Spiky has little wings? Vincent's a scholar and Roland's a knight! I had a lot of fun with Roland's costume too, with all the belts and the parted cape. I also think Vincent looks really cute in glasses!

I hope that you like it! It's the first fanart I've ever given to anyone! I'm so nervous! :3

"No, not really."
ak-ryuu
Author

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheModestOtter wrote:
I also think Vincent looks really cute in glasses!

He does. Now I wonder if he'll need them in the future... he reads a lot, after all :) It's such a happy future pictured there. Too bad that reality likely won't be as happy ...

TheModestOtter wrote:
I hope that you like it! It's the first fanart I've ever given to anyone! I'm so nervous! :3

Don't be so nervous (I would be too. I'm still nervous about every single comic of mine that goes online!), I absolutely love it. It's really great to see my characters in somebody else's style. And cute always wins, anyway ;)

BTW, let me know if you want a link to your homepage, deviant account, blog, or something, from that fanart page -- I'll gladly add one :)
TheModestOtter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so happy that you like it!

I really hope that their future will be happy... The comic can be so depressing at times! And I really like it when Vincent and Roland are together, they both seem in better spirits that way. I hope Roland is okay out on the war-front.

Umm, I don't have a deviant art or anything, I guess the closest thing I have to a webpage would be my livejournal, http://themodestotter.livejournal.com/

As you can see, I'm really more of a writer... Maybe I should do fanfiction for you instead? Lol.

"No, not really."
ak-ryuu
Author

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheModestOtter wrote:
As you can see, I'm really more of a writer... Maybe I should do fanfiction for you instead? Lol.

Hehe. You'd be the first :) Fanfiction would feel very strange, but I'm not opposed to the idea.

I'll go and add the link. I'll go and friend you on LJ too, even though I never write there ;)
TheModestOtter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Thanks!

A webcomic artist friended me! My life is now complete! Hooray!

And about that fanfiction... You're tempting me now! It'd be hard because I don't know your intentions with the comic right now, and my slash instincts might get the better of me. Because, you have to admit... They've had the most attention as a couple. :P

I REALLY like Tonio too. You might see some fanart of him in the future.

"No, not really."
Negation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this happy picture of the three characters. Things like small wings and the crest on the chest of Roland's suit are good additions. And I really like how you have taken the characters and actually added something of your own into them, instead of just copying the existing ones.

And by the way, welcome to the board ;)
ak-ryuu
Author

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheModestOtter wrote:
And about that fanfiction... You're tempting me now! It'd be hard because I don't know your intentions with the comic right now, and my slash instincts might get the better of me.

Well, I *personally* am not opposed to yaoi fanfics either, but I don't know about the majority of readers ... and I'm not sure if I could officially link to them ;P

And yeah, Vincent/Roland or Tonio/Vincent would make cute couples, but, sadly, they are not canon. At least not now ;P
TheModestOtter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, thanks!

Yeah, I had a lot of fun! I'm a little dissapointed with the sloppy line-work, and the HANDS, blah, but I like costuming other peoples characters.

My favorite part would have to be Spiky's tiny wings. So thanks for pointing that out! :D

"No, not really."
TheModestOtter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ak-ryuu wrote:
Well, I *personally* am not opposed to yaoi fanfics either, but I don't know about the majority of readers ... and I'm not sure if I could officially link to them ;P

And yeah, Vincent/Roland or Tonio/Vincent would make cute couples, but, sadly, they are not canon. At least not now ;P

Hahaha! Well, to be entirely honest? I feel like you've nudged more towards Vincent/Roland than any other couple, no matter how many times you've referenced Helena or Jonquil. And I think other people may feel the same.

"No, not really."
ak-ryuu
Author

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheModestOtter wrote:
Hahaha! Well, to be entirely honest? I feel like you've nudged more towards Vincent/Roland than any other couple, no matter how many times you've referenced Helena or Jonquil.

It surely isn't unintentional, but it still has no real basis. At least Vincent is definitely not interested in Roland in *that* way. Roland's attraction to Vincent is more complicated, but no, it's not really *that* way either ;P

But now, go and explore the rest of the forums! You have voted in all the polls yet, right? Especially the "soap opera" one ;)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index -> The Website All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: