Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight
The Comic :: The Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Spiky-Haired Assignment

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index -> General discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chaos-drone

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:23 pm    Post subject: Spiky-Haired Assignment Reply with quote

This is something ak-ryuu already knows about, but I thought I'd share it with the rest of you. For one of my assignments this year I have to create a sort of interactive portfolio using Macromedia Director.
ak-ryuu was kind enough to allow me to use Spiky for my project, so I thought I'd show everyone the menu designs and get some feedback, i.e. extra bonus points for showcasing my 'product' to the appropriate target audience :p

So far I have the overall design for the Main Menu complete. I'm aiming for a relatively simple, yet stylized and uncluttered design, featuring Spiky in one of her typical Spiky-poses ^.^

Note: The copyright info which will be at the bottom of every screen is not visible in these pics, for... reasons

Negation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks like a nice start. Will there be any animation on that screen? Like Spiky turning her head towards the mouse pointer or butterflies flying past her?
ak-ryuu
Author

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, Spiky's head following the mouse pointer would be kind of cool :)
I really love the bold style, with thick lines and simple colours. That suits Spiky very well ;)

If you want a tip -- her front legs are a bit short, they should be on the same level with the back legs. And I think I would make the feet a bit bigger -- at least the way I currently draw Spiky has bigger feet, I think. But the expression is spot on :)
chaos-drone

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Negation wrote:
That looks like a nice start. Will there be any animation on that screen? Like Spiky turning her head towards the mouse pointer or butterflies flying past her?

Yes, most if not all of the screens will have various Flash animations as well as music on them. For the main menu, I don't really want Spiky's head to move, since she's supposed to be looking at the sign, but I was thinking of having her tail twitch as well as the 'Exit' part of the sign blowing in the wind. I really like the butterfly idea now though, if I have time to animate something like that I'd like to add it :)

Which reminds me, if anyone has any suggestions for some good background music, something soft and subtle, it would be appreciated ;)

Anyway, here's the winter-themed design for the art gallery page, without the buttons, which I'll be adding later. The rounded rectangle area is where images of the artwork will go. Also note that the text is a placeholder, to remind me where it needs to go ;)

chaos-drone

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ak-ryuu wrote:
If you want a tip -- her front legs are a bit short, they should be on the same level with the back legs. And I think I would make the feet a bit bigger -- at least the way I currently draw Spiky has bigger feet, I think.

Heh, I seem to be having problems with feet and hands lately. I'll be tidying up the images later, for now I just need to get everything storyboarded before my tutor bites my head off :p
ak-ryuu
Author

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chaos-drone wrote:
Which reminds me, if anyone has any suggestions for some good background music, something soft and subtle, it would be appreciated ;)

I'm spilling a secret here, but there is some sort of "official" SHD-WK theme music -- but it's not soft and subtle, and it isn't finished yet (and I don't know when or if it will be). But that's all I'll say about it now ;P
Negation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sign moving in the wind and tail twitching are both nice additions. The sign one I was actually thinking of, but just didn't mention it yet ;)
semiconfused

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ak-ryuu wrote:

I'm spilling a secret here, but there is some sort of "official" SHD-WK theme music -- but it's not soft and subtle, and it isn't finished yet (and I don't know when or if it will be). But that's all I'll say about it now ;P

Neither soft nor subtle official SHD-WK theme music?! I am intrigued.
Darb

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="chaos-drone"]
Negation wrote:

Hmm...DragonForce? That isn't subtle either though, but it is rocking!
goldentails

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how about vincent or some one else walks past her then pets her on the head if your still doing any suggestions.
chaos-drone

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

goldentails wrote:
how about vincent or some one else walks past her then pets her on the head if your still doing any suggestions.

heh that assignment was last year, If I was still doing it now I'd be in hella trouble ;)

Got a 'Distinction' though so it all worked out well :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index -> General discussions All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: