Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight
The Comic :: The Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Games
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index -> General discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chaos-drone

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darb wrote:
Mostly Harmless! wrote:
As far as physical games go, I play Magic : The Gethering.

chaos-drone wrote:
I used to play Magic, but stopped when the World of Warcraft TCG came out, which was far more balanced and fun ^.^

If I had the money I'd probably play Magic Online, but it is just a tad expensive to pay for a game like you were paying for actual cards.

Ahh! Magic buddies! Huzzah! I play Magic all the time with my friends and go to tournaments when I can make it. Its pretty much the main drain on my income...I just spent 160 on 8 cards the other day. ><

Yeh, that would be why I stopped playing Trading Card Games altogether... at one point I was playing Yu-Gi-Oh!, Magic, VS System and World Of Warcraft, and I was playing the first 3 at a 'professional' tournament level. Talk about income drain!
Mostly Harmless!

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Yeh, that would be why I stopped playing Trading Card Games altogether... at one point I was playing Yu-Gi-Oh!, Magic, VS System and World Of Warcraft, and I was playing the first 3 at a 'professional' tournament level. Talk about income drain!

I only play casually, so it isn't a big problem. The real problem is that the place my friends bought cards closed before I moved here, so getting new cards is not particularly easy.
Darb

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its alittle easier for me because I just focus on magic. I mainly play type two but I throw my hat into the legacy ring occassionally.
Mostly Harmless!

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where I play, we don't have any restrictions. On the other hand, nobody has any broken/really good cards so it makes for fine gameplay.
geckodork

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oooo.... games....

i have an original Nintendo, PS2, PSP, GameBoy Advance, and 3 computers.

of course, the most awsome thing to play on NES is Tetris. and i only use the gameboy for pokemon, which is an awsome time-waster for travelling long distances or having to sit in an airport/on a plane for long periods of time.

i play WoW, and i'm actually glad they aren't completely realistic graphics. a little color goes a long way, in my opinion. if it were realistic environments with realisic characters... the colors would be so dull... i HATE first person shooters. and by hate, i mean i suck at them.

on ps2, i tend to gravitate towards hack 'n' slash games like devil may cry, drakenguard, lord of the rings, etc. prince of persia was awesome too, and let's not forget god of war. that's one of my faves... which does slightly disturb my boyfriend, since i love to kill things with my flaming swords. but they're FLAMING! how could you not dig it?!

as for card games, i've played yu-gi-oh and magic. i'm not a BIG fan of either, however, and i'm definitely NOT a fan of the whole 'building the perfect deck' thing. i like to shuffle my cards, take the top 40 (or however many is required for the game) and play spontaneously like that. that eliminates the problem of one person having an unfair advantage because he has a stacked deck. i don't know, it just seems like you loose the fun of it when you already know what cards are in your deck.
chaos-drone

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got God of War 2 today. I can now die a very happy person ^.^

"I am the God of War, none shall defy me!!" - Kratos
imreader

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never really prescribed to the GTA games much (I still liked them), but I recently got San Andreas and put in 50+ hours.
I'm playing Ground Control now, which is free from FilePlanet.

I've heard that GoW2 isn't selling that well. I don't understand why.
geckodork

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imreader wrote:
I've heard that GoW2 isn't selling that well. I don't understand why.

really? what is WRONG with people? it's the freaking GOD OF WAR here! though i must admit, kratos is lacking on brains. if zeus came to me and said, "i'll give you this sword (which will suck out your godly powers) and it will help you beat the giant thing attacking you," i would be suspicious. DRAIN my powers? are you kidding me? i'll take my chances, thanks. but what does kratos do? believe zeus. *sigh* and so we must start again from the beginning, as meek as... well... a kick-ass spartan warrior with the ashes of his loved ones caked to his body...

now that i think about it, i don't think i've beaten that game yet. alas, i am moving at the end of may and the ps2 is already carefully and lovingly packed in a box. i will wait to kill more gods of olympus later.
Negation

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imreader wrote:
I never really prescribed to the GTA games much (I still liked them), but I recently got San Andreas and put in 50+ hours.
I'm playing Ground Control now, which is free from FilePlanet.

I stumbled upon free downloads of GTA and GTA II at Rockstar. I really love how old games are being released by publishers for people to play for free. And GTA isn't even that old game.
chaos-drone

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

geckodork wrote:
if zeus came to me and said, "i'll give you this sword (which will suck out your godly powers) and it will help you beat the giant thing attacking you," i would be suspicious. DRAIN my powers? are you kidding me? i'll take my chances, thanks. but what does kratos do? believe zeus.

Well, the thing is, while he's holding the sword he still has his powers :)
Deteno

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering, is anyone else here a Gears of War fan?
chaos-drone

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deteno wrote:
I was wondering, is anyone else here a Gears of War fan?

Played through it once, thought it was pretty and had lots of potential, but far too short. Since X-Box Live doesn't work with my non-wireless AOL connection I can't play anything online, so Gears was hired for an afternoon of blasting things then never thought of again ^.^
Deteno

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the single player was a bit short but it's even better on co-op. It's too bad you couldn't bring it online because that's where it really shines in my opinion.

2 things to remember online.
1: Never use a shotgun and rush a guy who just got a perfect reload on his assult rifle
2: If you melee someone with a boomshot, he isn't getting back up.
Negation

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deteno wrote:
It's too bad you couldn't bring it online because that's where it really shines in my opinion.

It's pretty much like that in every game that offers multiplayer. average game turns into good and good game into brilliant when you add human opponents.
DesertNaiad

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These days I play FFXII, (just hit level 28), Civ 4 - Warlords, and I recently got, but am not impressed with (yet, at least) Guild Wars - Factions. I was playing and modding for Oblivion up until a month or so ago, but finally got bored.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index -> General discussions All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: