Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight
The Comic :: The Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Games
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index -> General discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
timmiboi

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Negation wrote:
I have the Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes and played the original Metal Gear Solid on my friends PS. I really love that game, sometimes I play it just to get to the sniping parts and after that just don't want to stop anymore ;P

it is addictive... twin snakes wasn't on ps2, i was very upset... they made a good game so much better!

Negation wrote:
Need for Speed Underground and Gran Turismo are both really good games. The thing that I like about Gran Turismo is how much you can tune and adjust your car. If it only had complex telemetry like in F1GP2, it would be even better.

i love tuning those cars, like i said, it's a profesion i'm interested in! but the racing is fun, telemitry will start to confuse me! i like just flying around the track like a mad man (NFS) but the realism of GT is awesome!
Mostly Harmless!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually play RTS games, mostly Total Annihilation, and different mods thereof. Also, in the free side of things, I play BZflag, which is a tank game that is not particularly realistic. As far as physical games go, I play Magic : The Gethering.
chaos-drone

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mostly Harmless! wrote:
I usually play RTS games, mostly Total Annihilation, and different mods thereof. Also, in the free side of things, I play BZflag, which is a tank game that is not particularly realistic. As far as physical games go, I play Magic : The Gethering.

I used to play Magic, but stopped when the World of Warcraft TCG came out, which was far more balanced and fun ^.^

If I had the money I'd probably play Magic Online, but it is just a tad expensive to pay for a game like you were paying for actual cards.
semiconfused

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Backgammon? I like backgammon. =)
ak-ryuu
Author

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

semiconfused wrote:
Backgammon? I like backgammon. =)

My cousin used to play backgammon a lot ... I don't even remember the rules though. I played chess a lot when I was younger, in teams, leagues and tournaments too... but eventually the stress of playing for a team got to me and somehow killed all the fun in the game, too.

As far as games go, in the comic we've only had chess and poker so far, I think ... (Yeah I should know, but I can't really think right now. I basically spent the weekend asleep with bad migraines, now it's 1:33 AM here and I should sleep but I can't ....)
Kriegel

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sleep!

That could be seen as either a command or a praise of the activity of sleep. Take your pick. :D

Backgammon? I've pretended to play, but I've never seen rules that actually made sense to me. So I was probably playing wrong.

Oh well.

I play FreeCell on the computer! I suck at it, though...
ak-ryuu
Author

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kriegel wrote:
Sleep!

Yeah, soon... I'll just finish up #524 first ;P

Kriegel wrote:
I play FreeCell on the computer! I suck at it, though...

I used to play FreeCell a lot, then I switched to WinXP and now I play Spider Solitaire ... I'm really good at procrastinating, too.
Mostly Harmless!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as Windows games go, I play hearts. Great practice for when I play with friends.
antartic

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to comment on most of the posts in this thread. But alas i'm still addicted to City of Heroes so i always end up playing it while surfing.

Oh i hear the call of Paragon city again... /me away!!!
Quirc

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somewhat reaching back into the thread discussion here, but I do know of an MMO that (in my opinion of course) is proper for more casual gamers such as myself that do not think playing one MMO and only that MMO as your sole purpose in life is the way to go. It's a space MMO called EvE Online.

I've played it on and off since late 2004 and have come to see that (although sometimes it's addictive) it isn't really that suited for "hardcore" MMO fans, unless you REALLY like PvP. The NPC questing (missioning! How could anyone possibly call those things quests?) is quite casual and not required to succeed in the game itself, which is mostly player-driven (market, nations, etc). Basically, "success" in EvE is what you decide it is, which is what continues to appeal to me.

You can do most everything one would imagine a spacefaring character doing, from mining asteroids, to manufacturing stuff (crafting? I can't think of it as crafting either >.<), to exploring, to missioning, to overseeing a nation composed of thousands of players, to ruining the lives of other people - the last of which I usually do. What I've come to realize is that not much about the game insists that you play it for hours and hours on end at any given time. It even has this passive training (skilling, leveling, whatever yall want to think of it) that progresses at a set rate, even when you're offline. So I commonly set a skill I want to train before I go to bed and it's done when I wake up. Of course, you always get the hardcore people that MUST REGARDLESS OF ANY OTHER EVENTS IN LIFE LOG ON AT THE PRECISE SECOND THE SKILL FINISHES SO THEY CAN BE MARGINALLY BETTER THAN EVERYONE ELSE WHO STARTED AT A SIMILAR TIME. Yes, in caps. It's pretty fanatical (and kind of sad in my opinion >.>).

There's some typical downsides to the game, foremost of which being that there's only a few ways to make money, and all of them get really boring as it's a lot of repetition to me. Well, okay, one way isn't boring, and that's pirating other players and demanding ransoms for their life :D But sadly, not everyone can see the light as I have >.>

There's also the fact that the most lucrative areas of space in the game are controlled by player "alliances" or nations, which typically shoot on sight anyone they don't know. This shuts out newer players unless they manage to join a member corporation (guild) of one of these alliances. Of course, the alliances fight amongst themselves too, and sometimes a whole new alliance invades to take space, etc. So being a member of an established alliance doesn't guarantee that much :)

What continues to sell me, to summarize, is that I don't need to be on there all the time. This is a good thing since I do in fact have this horrible, horrible thing called university work, not to mention this weird "life" aspect. Still trying to find out what that one is...

As for games apart from MMOs, I still play Starcraft ^^

And the Elder Scrolls series (Morrowind and Oblivion mostly).

And the Desert Combat mod for Battlefield 1942.

And the C&C series.

And checkers. But not chess. Checkers.
chaos-drone

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I found Eve a little bland and boring for my tastes. I prefer my RPGs with sweeping storylines, heaps of lore, epic dungeons and stupidly powerful dragons :p

The biggest problem with MMOs is that they tend to veer from one side of the spectrum to the other, Eve being a good example of a player-driven world which can be terrible for loners like me, and WoW being an example of a static world, which is great for new players and old hands alike, but gets very boring after a while.

On the subject of MMOs, anyone had a look/try at Lord Of The Rings yet? It looks really cool, despite being a virtual WoW clone. The only issue I have is the character's faces look a bit weird. And Hobbits. Damn Hobbits. Almost as bad as Gnomes xD
Cthonic Cultist

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pah! At least Gnomes can do magic! Hobbits can only run around in fear and annoy people.
Kriegel

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cthonic Cultist wrote:
Pah! At least Gnomes can do magic! Hobbits can only run around in fear and annoy people.

And eat! You forgot eat!
semiconfused

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And...never mind.

K, I like your signature...it's how I feel when my non-city friends come to visit and stroll around casually while I'm already halfway to our destination haha.
Darb

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mostly Harmless! wrote:
As far as physical games go, I play Magic : The Gethering.

chaos-drone wrote:
I used to play Magic, but stopped when the World of Warcraft TCG came out, which was far more balanced and fun ^.^

If I had the money I'd probably play Magic Online, but it is just a tad expensive to pay for a game like you were paying for actual cards.

Ahh! Magic buddies! Huzzah! I play Magic all the time with my friends and go to tournaments when I can make it. Its pretty much the main drain on my income...I just spent 160 on 8 cards the other day. ><
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index -> General discussions All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: