Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight
The Comic :: The Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Games
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index -> General discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chaos-drone

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ak-ryuu wrote:
Actually, I have seen an advertisement for a flash-based(?) MMORPG with the selling point that you could play short quests on your lunch breaks.
But since I want to stay away from such games (see above), I didn't investigate further ;)

Well, there are quite a few browser-based games that you could play in short bursts and fits (AdventureQuest would be the first that springs to mind), but so far I haven't heard of an actual, real MMO like that.
By real I mean one where you actually log into the game world proper with all the other players and are free to wander said world performing feats of derring-do with said players, not the kind of AdventureQuest style game where there's you and no-one else most of the time :>

Last edited by chaos-drone on Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:36 am; edited 2 times in total
Negation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cellphone based MMORPG would be sort of neat. It would go where ever you go (well, pretty much at least) and could be really popular, especially if designed to be playable in short burst. You could use the time spend on metro or bus to play and wouldn't have to dedicate hours every day solely for playing.

I'm staying away from MMORPGs because the required time commitment. It would be fun to play something that doesn't take close to 100 hours to master and complete :)
Bokaashmi

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:11 am    Post subject: hmmm, i think i'm late... Reply with quote

looks like im a little late for this AWESOME chat thingy. I am a gamer(in fact, just about all of my time is dedicated t gaming :)) and own a NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, PS1, PS2, XBox, Gbc through SP, and DS....
I enjoy rpgs the most, especially Final Fantasy! Also, i have dial up, live in the middle of nowhere, and have a "Walmart Special" computer.... all of these mean I CAN'T PLAY ANY MMO's *sob*
although i have played WoW at a friend's house (the same guy i play dnd with) and must say that it's great. I just said a lot more than i planned to.
chaos-drone

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got C&C3 today, sitting in college right now, wishing I was home and installing it >.>
Negation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:52 am    Post subject: Re: hmmm, i think i'm late... Reply with quote

Bokaashmi wrote:
I am a gamer(in fact, just about all of my time is dedicated t gaming :)) and own a NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, PS1, PS2, XBox, Gbc through SP, and DS....

Whoa, that's quite a list of consoles. I only have N64 and Gamecube + GBA SP. Haven't really played that much with consoles recently, although I haven't still finished Twilight Princess. The current game I'm spending most of the time with is Space Empires V on PC.
Bokaashmi

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Negation wrote:
Bokaashmi wrote:
I am a gamer(in fact, just about all of my time is dedicated t gaming :)) and own a NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, PS1, PS2, XBox, Gbc through SP, and DS....

Whoa, that's quite a list of consoles.

you know, it is. the more i think about it, the more i start to believe that i have no life ;) oh yeah, you MUST finish twilight princess soon, for all those zelda fanboys out there. :D
chaos-drone

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bokaashmi wrote:
you know, it is. the more i think about it, the more i start to believe that i have no life ;)

Nah, just means you're enjoying your life a lot >.>

Little thing for any Manga/Anime fans who have a DS (or are thinking of getting one) : Jump Superstars and Jump Ultimate Stars rock, it's like Smash Brothers with Manga characters, great fun to play (only available in Japanese though lol, but pretty cheap on eBay)

Oh, one last thing: Command & Conquer 3 = best strategy game EVER.
chaos-drone

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My life will never be the same again.

MUSIC LIVES!!!
Negation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chaos-drone wrote:

I always liked Harpoon 3 best, but that's just a personal opinion ;)
chaos-drone

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Negation wrote:
chaos-drone wrote:

I always liked Harpoon 3 best, but that's just a personal opinion ;)

Whoa, I actually had to Google that one :)

Getting onto a more technical level here, but that's not really a true RTS game, it's really more exactly what their website describes it as: a naval warfare simulation game.
It's sort of like the fine line between Piloting games and Pilot Simulation games: one just pops you in a fighter jet with a big button that says 'Press this to kill things', while the other makes you do pre-flight checklists before you can even turn the engine on ;)

C&C has never been about realism, just having fun seeing who can build up a base and slam out a bunch of tanks the fastest. However, C&C3 returns to its roots with some very strategic gameplay and an incredible amount of possible playstyles. It's no longer about the size of your army, but what you do with it :p
Negation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, true. C&C and Harpoon don't really compare that well. And Harpoon series isn't that well known or liked outside of the group of devoted fans. It might have something to do with the bare minimum user interface ;)
timmiboi

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i must say that the games i enjoy havn't been listed above...

due to my list of games, my art teacher seemed to feel that i was some sort of anarchist (that and all my works i did in my last year at high school revolved around WWII!)

but, my fav's include:
Metal Gear Solid (I, II, and III (clocked them all, repeatedly))
Medal of honor (i'v been a huge fan since the original PSOne version!)
BURNOUT IS THE KING OF ALL GAMES, and its more firearm related cousin: BLACK! those are awesome!
Need for Speed (i wanna get into autocustoms with my degree, so the Undergrounds, Most Wanted and Carbon leapt of the shelves at me...)
Gran Turismo
WORMS!!!(gotta love it!)
IL2
Unreal Tournament!
Path of Neo and Max Payne! SLO MO KILLING!!! YEAH!

so, yeah, liiiiiittle violent...
ak-ryuu
Author

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

timmiboi wrote:

If The Last Days of Foxhound isn't on your webcomic list yet, then it definitely should be. ;)
timmiboi

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i shall investigate...
Negation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

timmiboi wrote:

Need for Speed (i wanna get into autocustoms with my degree, so the Undergrounds, Most Wanted and Carbon leapt of the shelves at me...)
Gran Turismo

I have the Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes and played the original Metal Gear Solid on my friends PS. I really love that game, sometimes I play it just to get to the sniping parts and after that just don't want to stop anymore ;P

Need for Speed Underground and Gran Turismo are both really good games. The thing that I like about Gran Turismo is how much you can tune and adjust your car. If it only had complex telemetry like in F1GP2, it would be even better.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index -> General discussions All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: