Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight
The Comic :: The Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

If SHD-WK were a soap opera, then ...
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index -> The World
View previous topic :: View next topic  

If SHD-WK were a soap opera, then Vincent would come together with...
Helena
25%
 25%  [ 7 ]
Stella
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
Jonquil
14%
 14%  [ 4 ]
Roland
22%
 22%  [ 6 ]
none of the above
29%
 29%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 27

ak-ryuu
Author

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:47 pm    Post subject: If SHD-WK were a soap opera, then ... Reply with quote

I thought I'd add another poll. Nothing serious, just for the fun of it. SHD-WK isn't a soap opera after all, it's a webcomic ;P But well, since it's kinda the topic in the current episodes...

Actually I had hoped somebody else would start this poll, but I guess SHD-WK just isn't the type of story that draws loads of rabid thisguy/thatgirl-shippers out of their hiding places ;)
Negation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If SHD-WK were a soap opera, Vincent would first get together with Helena, since they're from somewhat same social level. That would last only 2 and half months, since at a new years party he'll meet mysterious Jonquil. He's together with her for next 3 weeks. They'll have a serious fights all the time, and eventually Vincent leaves (after finding out that Jonquil is pregnant). He gets together briefly with Stella, but that doesn't feel right, since she's just a common bar maid after all. One morning after long night at bar, he'll wake up in Roland's place and moves in soon afterwards.

Wash, rinse and repeat for 10 to 20 seasons.

(Seriously I would say that he'll end up with Helena in the end. She seems the most likely candidate and isn't from too different social circle)
Rainaari

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm, lets see...

Stella, openly a common barmaid but maybe with a secret heritage making her noble and ev'rything. Not uncommon, at least within soap operas (please dont nail me on that, i dont watch them...)

Jonquil. Vincent is way too much obsessed by her. Interesting stoff for a Soap opera, but no stable relationship. Still... stability is no buisiness in a soap opera.

This leaves Helena. Might work.

Spiky... would a knight be allowed to date his squire..?
Kriegel

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You beat me to it. All the answers are wrong.

Helena has entered a slump out of which she cannot return, so she is rendered useless from here on out.

Vincent would obviously be in a relationship with Stella, but at the same time maintaining a secret passion for Tonio. The day would come when he would declare his undying love for the thief, only to be dumped by Tonio, who is now dating Jonquil.

Distraught, Vincent turns to the only one he has left: Spiky.
ak-ryuu
Author

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any other pairings that anyone would want to see?
*waits for all the Costin/Spiky shippers to pipe up*
Nyamekye

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My OT3 would be Roland/Vincent/Spiky, cause I'm weird like that :3 *runs away*
Negation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nyamekye wrote:
My OT3 would be Roland/Vincent/Spiky, cause I'm weird like that :3 *runs away*

Heh, Roland/Vincent pairing wouldn't look that unlikely I think. And since Spiky is everywhere where Vincent, it might turn into Roland/Vincent/Spiky soon.

Personally I would find it interesting if there were a story arc where Spiky is torn between two worlds. On the other hand she would stand by Vincent, but on the other hand, there would be that cool dragon too (Alexander perhaps?)

And welcome to the board too.
semiconfused

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha...I bet when Vincent gets in a relationship he'll wish Spily was less invloved. But Spiky wouldn't let that happen...
Ilnara

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going with typical soap-opera drama, Vincent would get together with Jonquil, constantly defending his beloved from accusations of being a thief. Until the day (night) he is finally forced to confront the fact when he catches her robbing the baron blind and his loyalties are torn between his beloved and his life-long servitude to the baron. At this point, since he still hasn't broken the curse, he will realize that it has just become his 26th birthday and die. Spiky will turn into a ferocious fire-breathing dragon and destroy both the baron and Jonquil only to suffer centuries of a broken heart over Vincent.
ak-ryuu
Author

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ilnara wrote:
Going with typical soap-opera drama (...)

Actually, this scenario sounds like a lot of fun :D .... But I guess I better stick with the intended storyline. Copyrights and all that ;)
Negation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ilnara wrote:
...At this point, since he still hasn't broken the curse, he will realize that it has just become his 26th birthday and die. Spiky will turn into a ferocious fire-breathing dragon and destroy both the baron and Jonquil only to suffer centuries of a broken heart over Vincent.

Or at least that's what it appears to be. Jonquil actually survives, but is burned badly. She vows to destroy Spiky and realises soon after the incident that she's pregnant. She'll raise the son of Vincent to hate dragons unconditionaly (not such a hard task, since he's Worthless and the curse is now even stronger). Eventually he'll set of to the mountains to kill the fiery dragon called Spiky.
ak-ryuu
Author

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, I'm actually surprised that Stella hasn't gotten any votes yet. Too realistic? Therefore not far-fetched enough for a soap opera? Nah, that can't be it, it has to be at least less realistic than Helena ...
chaos-drone

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ak-ryuu wrote:
You know, I'm actually surprised that Stella hasn't gotten any votes yet. Too realistic? Therefore not far-fetched enough for a soap opera? Nah, that can't be it, it has to be at least less realistic than Helena ...

Well, I don't know much about soaps, but I do know that in the English soaps my parents watch, the women behind the bar rarely get together with any of the main characters, they're usually just a shoulder to cry on >.>
ak-ryuu
Author

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chaos-drone wrote:
Well, I don't know much about soaps, but I do know that in the English soaps my parents watch, the women behind the bar rarely get together with any of the main characters, they're usually just a shoulder to cry on >.>

Ah, that makes perfect sense, I guess. (And of course Stella's father wouldn't like it either, and with the memory of Vincent's brother in the way, it would be doomed anyway ... right? ;P)
Negation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ak-ryuu wrote:
chaos-drone wrote:

Ah, that makes perfect sense, I guess. (And of course Stella's father wouldn't like it either, and with the memory of Vincent's brother in the way, it would be doomed anyway ... right? ;P)

That all sounds completely reasonable. Looks like Stella doesn't have a chance at all this time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index -> The World All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: