Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight
The Comic :: The Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Merchandise?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index -> The Website
View previous topic :: View next topic  
semiconfused

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:23 am    Post subject: Merchandise? Reply with quote

Are there any plans to expand the shd-wk merchandise? Perhaps to include women's-fitted-tee-type things? Perhaps even for the US? Orrrr...I don't know. Just curious. I, for one, would love to sport a Spiky tee :)
ak-ryuu
Author

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:32 am    Post subject: Re: Merchandise? Reply with quote

semiconfused wrote:
Are there any plans to expand the shd-wk merchandise? Perhaps to include women's-fitted-tee-type things? Perhaps even for the US? Orrrr...I don't know. Just curious. I, for one, would love to sport a Spiky tee :)

Hmh, I've been planning to re-do the whole thing... it's on my to-do list (and has been there for a while, sadly :(). There used to be a link to the shops on every page, but I removed that quite a while ago, now they're pretty well hidden ...
There's an US-based store there too, but only with standard shirts at the moment. I could add women's tees but I'd rather redo the whole thing.

My main problem: I haven't really found a fulfillment agency yet that suits my needs. Cafepress, I'm not overly happy with the quality; Zazzle is said to be somewhat better, but I have heard some negative things about their policies; Spreadshirt (which I am very familiar with) has the problem that they have US and Europe completely separate (different products etc); and PrintMojo needs me to pay a bunch of shirts in advance, which I can't really afford (but they do proper silkscreen printing).

Does anybody happen to know a t-shirt/merchandise fulfillment agency which is a) preferably based in Europe (because I am), b) delivers to Europe and the US, and c) has decent quality...?

Cafepress would undoubtedly be the easiest choice, but would you really be happy with Cafepress quality...?
Kriegel

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm.

I'm enough of a DIOM fan to wear the shirt, but that doesn't really help anyone. Besides, I had to get the shirt from the author personally, and he hosts them on his own site.
Not to mention I know exactly who embroidered it...

Hmm.

Cafepress' royal blue shirt with a blue Spiky turned me away from them. *grumbles about spreadshirt not shipping to the US*

I can look...
ak-ryuu
Author

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kriegel wrote:
Cafepress' royal blue shirt with a blue Spiky turned me away from them.

Ah, but that would be my mistake for creating it like that ;P I was just playing around then anyway...

Kriegel wrote:
*grumbles about spreadshirt not shipping to the US*

Well they do have the US counterpart, spreadshirt.us ... but it's essentially a whole different company, and yeah, I find it kinda too stupid to maintain two different stores that can't even have the same products.

If only Spreadshirt (EU) would send to the US, I would just add a line of Spiky shirts to my little side business and be done with it :)

Some alternative would of course be to handle the shipping/billing to the US myself and order from Spreadshirt to here, then send the shirts onwards, but that doesn't seem such a great idea either ...
Kriegel

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Well they do have the US counterpart, spreadshirt.us ... but it's essentially a whole different company, and yeah, I find it kinda too stupid to maintain two different stores that can't even have the same products.

Insert line about humans and stupidity...
Quote:
If only Spreadshirt (EU) would send to the US, I would just add a line of Spiky shirts to my little side business and be done with it :)

The shirts and I speak the same language: Sarcasm.
Quote:

Some alternative would of course be to handle the shipping/billing to the US myself and order from Spreadshirt to here, then send the shirts onwards, but that doesn't seem such a great idea either ...

It would work, but it would also be nice and confusing.
ak-ryuu
Author

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All right, I'm bringing up the merchandise thread again -- I really have to do something about the store situation. I still haven't found a solution I really like, so I think I'll settle for the best of the solutions that are available -- which is probably the one that is the current US store.

What I want to do is the following -- I want to throw out all the products there and then put up only a few, and I want your input to decide which ones and what motives. I know Spreadshirt's quality very well (I run an EU shop with them as the fulfillment agency), so I'd want to use only vector-based design. Since I have only a free US store at the moment (a pro one costs money which I don't quite want to put there -- I already have a pro EU shop), I'd mostly have to go with the designs I already uploaded.

OK, clear text now. I have the following two motives:
Spiky 1
Spiky 2

Both are somewhat old, and I don't like them that much anymore, but I think they are still OK. I could upload one more vector motive (some restrictions to complexity apply), which would take about 2 weeks to get approved.

Then there's a relatively standard line of products, T-shirts in many shapes and colours and such.

So, everyone with input, please give me some input on the following two things:

1.) Which motive(s) should I use in the shop? Keep Spiky 1, keep Spiky 2, keep both, make a new one (what sort of)?

2.) What sort of products would you definitely want to see in the store? (shirt type x colour x which motive x motive colour)

I may start separate polls on those, especially on 2.), when I have limited it to a number of options :)

Thanks for your opinions!
semiconfused

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm. I like Spiky 1 best. As far as a new design, maybe something w. text? Like "Dragon Mind Trick," hehe. I like the variety of colors, I can't decide on one or two. But I would definitely like a fitted tee of some kind!
ak-ryuu
Author

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

semiconfused wrote:
As far as a new design, maybe something w. text? Like "Dragon Mind Trick," hehe.

Or "Shut up, dragon" ;) Text only I can do without problems, just vector graphics I can have a maximum of three in a free shop, and two I have already. But if I use the fonts they supply, then text only is no problem.
chaos-drone

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Spiky 1 as well, colors are all nice, although I'm particularly fond of the white/blue and navy/grey ones.

As for additional stuff, would it be possible to do one with the design on the back? Most of the t-shirts I have have the designs on front, but I prefer it on the back for some reason >.>

How about one with a smaller, logo-style image, maybe of Spiky's head? It occurs to me that a t-shirt with the design on back could have a small logo on the front, or vice-versa :)

One more thought, is it possible to get long-sleeve shirts as well as t-shirts? I have no long-sleeves, and I'd really like a nice looking one...
ak-ryuu
Author

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chaos-drone wrote:
As for additional stuff, would it be possible to do one with the design on the back?

chaos-drone wrote:
One more thought, is it possible to get long-sleeve shirts as well as t-shirts? I have no long-sleeves, and I'd really like a nice looking one...

Those should be possible ... I'm just trying to keep the number of options low ;) I'm very familiar with Spreadshirt's EU version, but not familiar at all with the US version. They have different products, but the technical platform should be the same ... I'll have to take a closer look later, but it's probably possible to let the user choose the shirt colour, so all I'd have to decide on is motive colour and shirt shape, and that for a handful of options. But yeah, I'll probably post some polls at some point.

In the meantime, keep your ideas/opinions coming, or second somebody's vote for a particular type of shirt if that's what you'd like too, so I can make decisions ... ;)
Rainaari

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd go with design one.
Kriegel

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd go with design one. Design two is too...bluish. Not that I have anything against the color blue, mind you; I'm wearing blue pants, after all. But on a shirt, I like the outline better than the solid.

"Shut up, dragon." *likes that*

Since I live in a place where winter apparently lasts two weeks (unless there's a freak occurrence mid-spring)...short sleeve works! :P
ak-ryuu
Author

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kriegel wrote:
I'd go with design one. Design two is too...bluish. Not that I have anything against the color blue, mind you; I'm wearing blue pants, after all. But on a shirt, I like the outline better than the solid.

The colours of the designs I can change at will, though. Hmm. Any votes anywhere for design two? I could (and would like to) drop it altogether if design one is much preferred.

Kriegel wrote:
"Shut up, dragon." *likes that*

There is (or was?) a shirt like that in the EU store, and I've heard from a couple people who have it and like it. I should still order that one myself, it might come in handy ;P

Kriegel wrote:
Since I live in a place where winter apparently lasts two weeks (unless there's a freak occurrence mid-spring)...short sleeve works! :P

We here in Finland wear short-sleeved shirts until it's well below freezing temperature ... ;P
DaVince

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Design one, or design one with a blue outline instead of black.
Kriegel

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ak-ryuu wrote:
We here in Finland wear short-sleeved shirts until it's well below freezing temperature ... ;P

I wear short sleeved shirts until it reaches...I don't know...45 F - 50 F.

DaVince wrote:
Design one, or design one with a blue outline instead of black.

Hmm...the blue outline would depend on the color of the shirt. (That means no more blue on blue. :P)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index -> The Website All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: