Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight
The Comic :: The Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gaming
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index -> General discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shazbot

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, then, I go by 'Kofi' on there, and use IRC when I'm online. What time of day works for you?

http://springrts.com is the source, and you'll want to get at least BA for it.
MaxDZ8

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm at GMT+1 if memory serves but I'm unsure what time of day I will play... in line of concept tomorrow and Tuesday I shouldn't play at all.
Perhaps from Wednesday 18 GMT.

I'll give it a try this afternoon. What is BA?
Shazbot

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Balanced Annihilation, which is more or less the mainstream TA based gametype currently, although there are others that are certainly worth trying too.

Wed should be fine for me. I'm at GMT -7, but work nights.
MaxDZ8

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait a second, if you are the other side of the ocean, isn't lag going to be a bit of a problem?

Anyway, it seems I cannot make the game work. I will have to troubleshoot it, put this on hold until I resolve that.
Shazbot

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really. This isn't starcraft, where games lie on the basis of making fifteen orders each second.
Rainaari

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaxDZ8 wrote:
Not really... I see this is on steam as well. But still at 9.99? For a game released in 2003? That's all wrong. Perhaps in october...

Wow, thats expensive. I think i paid something like 2 Euros + shipping, making it a total of less then 5Ä, and i've got the CDs, too.
Shazbot

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is also Allegiance, the greatest game you've never played, but that takes a good few hours to familiarize yourself with, being a complicated team-based strategy/space-sim game.
MaxDZ8

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry man, cannot make the game run. Simply put. Perhaps it will run after i clean my PC. Those three months went as a blink. I guess I need some recover. In the meanwhile, I felt it was necessary to tell you I've given up with this a couple weeks ago.
Shazbot

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kinda got peer-pressured into buying Skyrim, and decided to strike back against the weak writing and silly 'perk' system.

http://www.infinity-universe.com/Infinity/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=75&topic=16528.0

Enter Cat-Dude, adventurer in a Skyrim where there are no dragons, nothing is done that earns experience, and, in general, things are played wrongly.

Don't get me wrong, it isn't bad, but it deserves to be deconstructed.
Asylumsway

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaz, that link is excellent. Bookmarked.
In general though, I'm not a fan of Bethesda games. Epic Games is more my speed, and I'm still dicking around with Gears of War 3.

Realm of the Mad God has been taking what little free time I have as of late.

realmofthemadgod.com
It's an amazingly brainless game.
Nocturne

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I'm just breaking this out again now to play the multiplayer, what are the thoughts around here about Mass Effect 3?
I can't be the only one here who's played the single-player campaign to completion.
Cthonic Cultist

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The universe has warped and changed, many things have been forgotten and lost and new things discovered. That said, there is one thing I know for sure: video games are good!

While the forum, and the comic, are, shall we say... not exactly buzzing with activity, I figured I'd pop in and post a bit for old time's sake.

As far as new games I've played, there hasn't been too, too much I've honestly enjoyed enough in the last 10 years since I posted regularly that I'd suggest it now. Baldur's Gate is good as always, New Vegas was excellent, Crusader Kings 2, Magicka, Dark Messiah, Dragon Quest 11.. I suppose there's been a few, but some of the best games I ever played were back when I posted here regularly.

Anyways, if there's anyone out there, what have you played lately?
ak-ryuu
Author

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cthonic Cultist wrote:
Crusader Kings 2

Crusader Kings 2 is definitely the game that keeps on giving. (And Paradox is the developer/publisher that keeps on giving DLC ...)

I don't have energy to play much, but the most recent game I completed was The Turing Test. It was .... OK. Less polished than I thought (too many typos and spelling errors for my taste), story was a bit meh, but it didn't overstay its welcome and the puzzles were good enough. It's no Portal though, that's for sure.

A game I played earlier this year (only finished one playthrough though) and can recommend is Book of Demons. Very polished, the devs are great folks with a great vision and so far are delivering. Very easy to play even with limited energy/time and still feel like you're making progress :) Game of the year for me. Release date (out of Early Access) is next week so that does make it a 2018 game!

Edit: Oh yeah, forgot to say. Glad to see you here, Cthonic Cultist :)
Cthonic Cultist

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few games I've enjoyed lately on the indie side have been Witch Hunter and Betrayal, two semi-horror games more focused on exploration and combat than being scary. They ARE a bit scary due primarily to their environment and setpieces, and the gameplay for both are pretty fun.

Crusader Kings 2 I'll probably play on and off for another decade or two! While I enjoy the battles of Total War, the intrigue possible in Crusader Kings is unmatched and has only gotten more interesting with time.

Book of Demons looks interesting. Roguelikes have always been a favorite of mine, from Castle of the Winds to Ragnarok/Valhalla, ToME to NetHack, to the original Rogue. The addition of cards is a strange one, but no more strange than some of the unusual resource management of Darkest Dungeon.

More than video games, though, I've gone whole-hog into tabletop roleplaying games. I've always been a fan but once I was out of highschool I found I had a lot more time to play, especially with the (relatively new) creation of Roll20. I played almost exclusively on that for years, but have managed to get a solid group for real life play too. Now I just use it for the occasional game with old online friends playing systems and settings my in-person group wouldn't be interested in, like Spelljammer.

Glad to be back, it's nice visiting old homes! Many of them have vanished in the past decade, or become unrecognizable, but here's the same as always!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index -> General discussions All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: