Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight
The Comic :: The Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Siron
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index -> The World
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shazbot

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's not Vincent's brother. He's dead, and if he were not, he isn't old enough to swear anything to the old baron.

I should have added human to my guess as well.
Negation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something very strong binds Siron to the baron. He can't go against his orders and currently we don't know why. Sometimes he has to hurt Vincent badly because the baron ordered him to do so and then try to save his life afterwards.

Siron's life isn't easy, quite often I feel sorry for him.
KagekaNecavi

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry if I'm resurrecting an old, dead topic, but I just found the comic again after a computer crash a few years ago in which I lost all of my bookmarks and upon rereading the comic, I think I figured something out about Siron.

He's never shown his face, which under the Unspoken Rules of Fiction dictates that he is/looks like someone very important. Several characters have been outright stated to be dead, and since I don't think our lovely author would twist us around like that, I'm ruling them out. That means he's not any of Vincent's family, and not the Baron's dead older brother whose name I can't remember.

But there's one character that is assumed to be dead, but the death is only vaguely alluded to - had him killed, and "he's better off where he is now" and from my reading of it, it sounds like the only person who saw the character die was Lord Ashcliff's father, who is now dead.

My theory is that Siron is Edgar's dragon-looking brother. This is supported by two of the dream like sequences when Vincent is being hugged/held protectively by what appears to be a human with a dragon's face - which is similar to the appearance of the toddler with the dragon's face that we are seen when August is recounting the story of the half dragon brothers history to Vincent - and the one recently where Vincent is underwater reaching up to the hand. The hand in the second one is skeletal, but on the edges it appears to have some sort of scaling, much like the scaling on the nose of the dragon-human in the first dream. The symbolism there is that Vincent has been rescued by the dragon-human in some way or form, and in both instances Siron has at either attempted to help Vincent or has actually managed to help him.

Now, in comic 544 Edgar says "Had him killed for" regarding his brother, but Edgar also says that dragons may not kill other dragons and that Edgar made an agreement with the elder Baron to kill Edgar's brother in exchange for the curse on Vincent's family. Later, Siron says that he was indebted to Ashcliff's father but not to Ashcliff. For my theory to work, rather than killing Edgar's brother, Ashcliff's father would have had to have spared him and taken him back with him, rather than killing him. I'm not certain what the motivations for that would have been, but if Edgar's brother had begged or promised his undying fealty or something like that, Ashcliff's father may have agreed to it.

It may sound far fetched, and it may be wrong, but if it is right, then there's some fantastic foreshadowing there, and nice and subtle. Having seen the post earlier in this thread where it's mentioned that there was a plan for Siron that got scrapped, I wouldn't be surprised that if this is wrong, it was the original plan. The foreshadowing and symbolism is light enough that it's not immediately obvious, so it makes sense to me that it could just be leftover from earlier stages and didn't quite get totally scrubbed out.
Shazbot

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a fairly common theory, actually. Don't think there is anything impossible about it, other than the difficulty of custom-fitting armour for someone not properly human shaped.

The key consequence of this would be that the baron has reneged on a deal involving dragons. That being found out would definately change the status quo.
KagekaNecavi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah. Well, I've been away from the comic and the fandom for so long I'm a bit out of touch with what is/isn't a common theory, and I hadn't seen it in this thread yet, so I figured I'd say it.

But the difficulty regarding the armor isn't really an issue if the image of the toddler in strip 204 and the adult in strop 616 are both accurate, and not just symbolic appearances.

And, yes, I would love to see the dragons' reactions if this is true and they find out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index -> The World All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: