Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight
The Comic :: The Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Con-crud vs tbowl + new update schedule soon!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index -> General discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tbowl

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:38 pm    Post subject: Con-crud vs tbowl + new update schedule soon! Reply with quote

So I was at PAX last weekend. (Penny Arcade Expo.)

And like any typical con, almost EVERYONE there got sick, including me. Because I don't think immune systems were built to be able to handle like 5000 people's germs at the same time, or whatever. So I got sick. It was a nasty one. It's been like 8 days and a doctor visit and I'm still recovering. Anyway!

This totally kicked my comic's butt. I missed an update and almost missed another update. Which is very lame! But I pushed through it and finally got my episode done. But I think rising out of the ashes, and the new ways I've been storyboarding the episodes, is a new 3 panel per episode template that I'm not going to be deviating from for a while.

I guess the logic that was bugging me, is I was doing 6 panels every Sunday, which isn't good enough for people, but I'm betting they'll some how think that 3 panels, twice a week is some how advancing the story faster... :P

I'm not trying to trick anyone, but it's like, common... Ya know? Also they're nicer sized panels. I'm really happy with the panel size. So people're getting more realestate now I suppose you could say. ...

It's also I think, once I get the new rythm down, a heck of a lot easier to do 3-page panels then 6-page panels. So I'm working on a buffer now, and then hopefully in a few weeks we'll have a 2nd update every week, but they'll only be 3 page updates.

Anyway. Yea. I wanted to post that here. For you. Because... I wanted to... Anyway. Ttyl. :P
MaxDZ8

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:57 am    Post subject: Re: Con-crud vs tbowl + new update schedule soon! Reply with quote

tbowl wrote:
And like any typical con, almost EVERYONE there got sick, including me. Because I don't think immune systems were built to be able to handle like 5000 people's germs at the same time, or whatever. So I got sick. It was a nasty one. It's been like 8 days and a doctor visit and I'm still recovering. Anyway!
You forgot to mention the simultaneous lack of water, rest and - I'm pretty sure - sleep-deprived comeback to home! Anyway 8 days seems alot to me.
Last time I went to a conference I had to run my skills at full capacity for about 4 hours. Then, I went for the rest of the exposition, another 3+ hours with moderate effort involved. Back at home at night, I was about 3 kilograms less than the day before. I guess that was mostly water I hadn't the time to drink... pretty scary anyway.

I appreciate you're dropping a few lines here instead of running your own forum. Not that I am a big fan of your comic anyway, just to let you know. :)
tbowl

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's fine. I feel like talking to non-fans is just fine. I know some webcomic artists consider non-fans counterproductive and a waste of time. But I don't think that way.

Also yea I was up for an awefully long time. Lost at least 5lbs in the course of 2.5 days. They opened at 10am, closed the booths at 6pm, the concerns were going until 1am.

I'll give ya a quick 1 sentence background of why I'm here!

SHDWK was my official first webcomic fan. May 2007.

Isn't that awesome?

Sicky update: I'm still coughing but I got my strength back a couple of days ago. Although now there's other problems within the family, and also I woke up this morning to something I have a new name for. Death-by-allergies. My nose is running like a faucet, my left eye is almost swollen shut and I am in sneezing-limbo.

Right now I'm working on my 5th animated episode, it's the beach. It is so much fun to work on those. I'm going to go work on it somemore. TTYL!
MaxDZ8

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I stumbled into one of your strips today while reading Station V3!
Maybe I'll check TBOWL again as soon as I have some spare time, looks like the art style changed, or maybe I just changed my mind.

I have to say I like pretty much the collaborative environment around webcomics. Good stuff.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index -> General discussions All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: