Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight
The Comic :: The Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Upcoming hiatus August/September/October 2010
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index -> The Website
View previous topic :: View next topic  
schneezahn

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LadyAxum wrote:
Don't worry, we will keep reading. I hope your surgery goes well. take care of yourself!

Seconded! Im looking forward to your return ... whenever it will be.

schneezahn
ak-ryuu
Author

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surgery appointment is in the second half of September.

I'm not very confident currently that I'll manage to return to the comic at the previous pace, but I'll try ...

(I currently don't have any new comics drawn yet, and just a handful of scripts written; it's hard to do anything at the moment. And after the surgery I'll have only one month left to restart the comic -- not a lot of time to build a bit of buffer (which I will really, really need, because there will be weeks when I won't be able to work). I'm not going to just disappear on you though, I promise :))
ak-ryuu
Author

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surgery apparently isn't in the second half of September after all, but some undecided time later.

I hope I haven't actually formally promised somewhere that the comic would be back in November, because maybe I'll have to take a longer break. Or switch to a once-a-week update schedule. Or even to an update-when-I-feel-like-it schedule. Just like the beginning of the end of every other webcomic, I guess. Starting to wonder whether it would not be better to just cleanly end it here, at the end of Part One, and then start Part Two in a few years or something. Although it would really annoy me that I didn't even make it to 1000 comics ...
Only awerewolf on tuesday

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ak-ryuu wrote:
I hope I haven't actually formally promised somewhere that the comic would be back in November

I think you may have, but if you want to take a longer break I don't think anyone will be too disappointed. Whilst I eagerly await the return, real life is always more important.

ak-ryuu wrote:
Or even to an update-when-I-feel-like-it schedule. Just like the beginning of the end of every other webcomic

Not entirely true. Order of the Stick has been known to adopt such skeduals, and it's still one of the biggest and most successful comics.

Good luck whatever you decide to do anyways.
MaxDZ8

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am amazed by your resolution. While I understand your desire to return to the routine as soon as possible, I hope this does not take efforts from reaching your own important goals.

I think we would be all happy to have 1 update somewhere in the week when you feel like it or even less (but no more!).

Maybe it's just me, but your last few messages don't quite read like someone speking about his hobby. I truly appreciate the seriousness associated to this management but if I am correct, then I would truly suggest you to just take a break and relax.
ak-ryuu
Author

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got a new time frame ... Waiting time for surgery is about half a year. Great, isn't it? That's publicly funded healthcare for you.

Re: the comic, I guess I'll just do what I can in the meantime ... still not sure how I'll handle things come November. I haven't managed anywhere near what I had hoped to manage during my break yet, it's a bit difficult right now.

But I'm not disappearing.
MaxDZ8

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's bad news.
As another user of public health care, I wished it worked better on other countries.
What are you going to do those 6 months? This could result in some sort of limbo.
ak-ryuu
Author

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaxDZ8 wrote:
What are you going to do those 6 months?

I wait. It's not like I have options. 6 months is the longest wait the law allows, so of course they're probably using every last day ...

I'm using private healthcare (paying out of pocket) for the little things because it's just so much better and faster, but for something big like this that's just not doable.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index -> The Website All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: