Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight
The Comic :: The Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What if Roland were a knight?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index -> The World
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Negation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:39 am    Post subject: What if Roland were a knight? Reply with quote

I started reading the comic again from the beginning, just in case I would spot something that I missed. And pretty soon I realised something that I had completely missed.

If Roland would have been born 15 minutes earlier, he too could have been knighted at the same time as Helena was (he passed the exams after all). That's of course if he hadn't gotten into fight with Siron. If he somehow would have managed to avoid that, he would actually have been a knight when he tried to attack the baron and injured Costin (#826).

I don't know about the laws and customs that much, but I would think that it would mean much harder consequences to Roland. And maybe even for his liege too.

So, lets assume Roland actually is a knight during that trial (#875). How would that change things, if at all?
Only awerewolf on tuesday

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well being a knight would have had a large change on his life. He would have been punished more severally for mistakes beforehand as well as gotten into diffent situations over his life. Would he have even ended up attacking the baron at all? I expect we'll never know
Shazbot

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't see things being much different.. except for the potential consequences he would face. There still would be a trial, much like this.
Shazbot

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing to add is that there would be more fallout to whoever his lord would be. If your knight does something to some other person, you are to some degree responsable for him. If Vincent were to murder someone, that would likely get the baron punished.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index -> The World All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: