Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight
The Comic :: The Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What a surprise!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index -> General discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaxDZ8

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:45 pm    Post subject: What a surprise! Reply with quote

So, after new year's eve I was somewhat tired - ok, it is more correct to say I was very stressed. It took me a while to slowly go back to work at sustainable rates and I accumulated, as always, a ton of things to do.

Today, I figured out it was a while I didn't check SHD-WK and I found out there are 5 new strips. Wow, that's mildly scary.

By the way, I truly didn't notice up to now ak-ryuu uploaded a comic on Jan 1st. I suppose there must be some sort of automatic magic at work here because this would have taken incredible amounts of willpower to me! It's indeed somewhat impressive.

As a side note, one of the comics I used to buy seems to have reach its natural conclusion (at least for now). I think I should seriously start thinking about reading more books (or "reading books" and nothing else :) )
ak-ryuu
Author

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:27 pm    Post subject: Re: What a surprise! Reply with quote

MaxDZ8 wrote:
Today, I figured out it was a while I didn't check SHD-WK and I found out there are 5 new strips. Wow, that's mildly scary.

That's surprising? My planned and already announced 3-month hiatus isn't until much later this year, so why wouldn't there be new comics now? Two updates per week! :)

MaxDZ8 wrote:
By the way, I truly didn't notice up to now ak-ryuu uploaded a comic on Jan 1st. I suppose there must be some sort of automatic magic at work here because this would have taken incredible amounts of willpower to me! It's indeed somewhat impressive.

I'm drawing and uploading comics in advance, and they're indeed automatically posted on midnight my time Tuesdays and Fridays. (You can always check how far ahead I am on the buffer status page, currently linked from the front page I think.) But the accompanying forum posts, I do by hand! Even on New Year, a few minutes after midnight :)

And I haven't missed or been late for a single update since it all started in 2003. No filler strips either! If nothing else is, I'm sure this is a pretty good accomplishment for a webcomic :)
MaxDZ8

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:04 am    Post subject: Re: What a surprise! Reply with quote

ak-ryuu wrote:
That's surprising? My planned and already announced 3-month hiatus isn't until much later this year, so why wouldn't there be new comics now? Two updates per week! :)
This is not so surprising in itself, as you say, it's just a scheduled release. I didn't realize my break has been so long. Checking a webcomic is just a matter of seconds and reading it takes a minute, it looks like I was really tired.
ak-ryuu wrote:
And I haven't missed or been late for a single update since it all started in 2003. No filler strips either! If nothing else is, I'm sure this is a pretty good accomplishment for a webcomic :)
Maybe I should get regular, easier goals as well. Most of my tasks are long-term and sometimes difficult to monitor for progress.
You're right in being proud of your perseverance. You rock!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index -> General discussions All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: