Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight
The Comic :: The Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Collective mind and Spiky's motives
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index -> The World
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ak-ryuu
Author

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fathom wrote:
Of course, this raises the question of how the Worthless curse got agreed upon in the first place. I'm guessing rather singular circumstances, possibly involving a dragon with a vicious sense of humor deciding "Sure, why not? Sounds like a laugh and a half." And that dragon has probably long since lost interest, if it's even still alive, but the rest of the dragons just can't be arsed to care about Vincent's problem, since none of them are afraid he'll ever be at all capable of killing them, even if he's desperate to break the curse (which he still doesn't seem to be).

There's several places in the comic where this is touched upon, but here's one from the mouths of dragons: #604. (Just came across it while reading through the archives and remembered this thread, so I thought I might as well post it ;) I didn't remember it when I first read your post, only the two places where Edgar explains it to Vincent in #140, and where Vincent tells the story to Tonio in #412 :))
Randomness

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An interesting idea for the collective mind is comparing it to a TV. As in, a dragon has several "televisions" in their head each one corresponds to a certain dragon. Broadcasting a lot of information about that dragon, but since receiving all that information would be pointless you can "change the channel" to receive only a certain amount of knowledge. So Spiky could keep a watch on Vincent when he went to the mountains. Also if you don't want to receive any of the data coming from a certain dragon, they could theoretically turn the TV off.
Fathom

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ak-ryuu wrote:
There's several places in the comic where this is touched upon, but here's one from the mouths of dragons: #604. (Just came across it while reading through the archives and remembered this thread, so I thought I might as well post it ;) I didn't remember it when I first read your post, only the two places where Edgar explains it to Vincent in #140, and where Vincent tells the story to Tonio in #412 :))

Oh, yeah. I forgot about #604. The other two speak of "the dragons" agreeing to the curse, but don't specify which dragons or what their reason for agreeing to it was. There's some mention of a rule about dragons pertaining to the situation, but no clarification as to what that rule is.

So, seems what we (the audience) know so far is that the "dragon" in question was Edgar, and that his reason for agreeing to it was (at least in part) so that he could circumvent the rule that dragons can't kill dragons, and bring about the death of a dragon that he was sick of putting up with. That still leaves open the question of why the dragons continue to uphold the curse, but there are several reasons it might well be: they don't care about Vincent's family, the baron still hasn't changed his mind, Edgar actively enjoys seeing humans suffer helplessly, perhaps there's even a dragon rule about the need to uphold any deal that's been struck. Spiky seems to think this generation-old decision can be overturned, but Spiky is young and mercurial, and she cares about Vincent, so of course she would.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index -> The World All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: