Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight
The Comic :: The Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

If a character had to die/leave, which one would you choose?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index -> The World
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Character Death
Vincent
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Spiky
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
Roland
12%
 12%  [ 4 ]
Helena
21%
 21%  [ 7 ]
Stella
15%
 15%  [ 5 ]
Baron Ashcliff
37%
 37%  [ 12 ]
Siron
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Other
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 32

TheOtherDibbler

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:40 am    Post subject: Re: If a character had to die/leave, which one would you cho Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
And stop voting Ashcliff! D: He can't die, he's way to sweet :)

Sweet? You and I clearly have different ideas of what 'sweet' is.

And I voted Helena, because it would be easy to come up with a legitimate reason for her to leave or die, and she's not as vital to the plot as certain other characters.
Fathom

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted Spiky, not because she's been getting kinda bratty (which she has, but that's forgivable), but because the way this story has been going all along could just lead very naturally to a Dr. Horrible sort of bittersweet ending, where Vincent accidentally causes the death of a girl that's precious to him and thereby breaks the curse and gets everything he never dared hope for.

The ending could play out with Vincent struggling to come to terms with what he's lost and what he's gained, and trying not to hate himself every time the baron exclaims how proud he is to see his knight finally with sword in hand, and trying not to hate Roland and Helena and Stella when they try to convince him that this is a good thing because it means he's not going to die. The conflicting emotions and general angst would make it an ending appropriate to the comic's overall style.

Maybe there could even be an epilogue where Vincent is happily married and has a daughter with a very anime hairstyle. He'll call her Spiky. ^_^
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Only awerewolf on tuesday

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a long hard think between Helena and Roland, because either of them dying could cause a /very/ interesting reaction from Vincent, decided Roland, then clicked Helena by accident.

*Headdesks*
Negation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very true. I could create really bad conflict if Vincent would lift the curse by accidentally killing Spiky. He probably wouldn't fully forgive himself ever, but would still eventually be able to deal with the situation. And giving Spiky as a nickname to his daughter I can see him to do ;)

Now I'm sort of hoping and fearing this sort of end.
Rainaari

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Negation wrote:
Very true. I could create really bad conflict if Vincent would lift the curse by accidentally killing Spiky. He probably wouldn't fully forgive himself ever, but would still eventually be able to deal with the situation. And giving Spiky as a nickname to his daughter I can see him to do ;)

Now I'm sort of hoping and fearing this sort of end.

Vincent will live and yet the curse will be in effect and torture him (and maybe his offspring too) forever. He will never forgive himself for killing Spiky...
In this case, getting rid of the curse (in its first meaning) will just make things worse...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index -> The World All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: