Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight
The Comic :: The Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

where is the story going?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index -> The World
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jellybelly

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:15 pm    Post subject: where is the story going? Reply with quote

I am a bit confused with this comic. When I started reading this comic, about a year ago. The story was rolling along, then suddenly it went to random. I must be missing something. He goes to stay at this castle awhile he heals. Roland is gone in his place I think, and the clowns fromt hat city show up and they all fight and leave, now something about a horse and reading books. I am pretty confused. Is he doing anything to work on getting rid of his curse? Or has he just given up for us to endure random comics forever until he dies?

When I registored for the forum I couldn't even remember the name of the 'big black knight' Heck it was probably 50 comics ago that we last seen siron.

And before anyone jumps me. I am not trying to be rude. I am just wondering what I am missing. Its hard to follow webcomics at any rate since they update slowly and its like reading a novel one page every week. Which I am not complaining about the update schedule.
ak-ryuu
Author

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:38 pm    Post subject: Re: where is the story going? Reply with quote

Hi jellybelly, and welcome to the forum!

I'll move this thread over to the "The World" forum, it fits better there than where it was originally posted (the off-topic forum) ;)

jellybelly wrote:
I am a bit confused with this comic. When I started reading this comic, about a year ago. The story was rolling along, then suddenly it went to random.

Hmm. From my point of view it's still rolling along same as ever, but that's easy for me to say since I see the big picture ....

jellybelly wrote:
I am pretty confused. Is he doing anything to work on getting rid of his curse?

He has pretty much always said that he isn't planning to get rid of the curse, at least not by killing a dragon, so he wouldn't be actively working on that, no. But he is definitely working at trying to change the way he feels about things and his outlook on life.

The dilemma I'm in is that on one hand I want to go forward with the story, on the other hand I want to keep things somewhat realistic, and don't want drama-after-drama-without-quiet-periods in between, and don't want Vincent being tortured and then all happy again 2 days later. This point in the story (recovery after the anniversary) unfortunately coincided with my having to cut the update schedule in half, which further compounds the problem.

jellybelly wrote:
And before anyone jumps me.

If anyone jumps you, they'll get a warning ;)

jellybelly wrote:
I am not trying to be rude. I am just wondering what I am missing. Its hard to follow webcomics at any rate since they update slowly and its like reading a novel one page every week. Which I am not complaining about the update schedule.

No, I fully understand you. I just don't really have a way out. I don't want to change the pace or the "realism" or the format of the story, and I can't currently do more than two updates a week, as much as I'd want to. I'm very much aware that I lost a lot of readers because of that (and pretty much all of the forum posters too), but the only alternative to continuing like I'm doing now is quitting, and I think I promised too many people that I wouldn't quit before the story is finished ;>

He is going to get home soon(ish) (He's been home for a while already in the comics I'm currently working on.) The bit with Sir Lothar seems important to me to explain later, in the overall picture, how he manages to get out of his passive state of denial and actually learns to make decisions. Because in the end, that's what the story is about: Vincent's and Spiky's growing up.
Negation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sort of thought that Vincent was recovering, spending some quiet time and trying to collect his thoughts. Lots of things have been going on recently and I don't blame him for wanting some quiet time for himself. In the end Vincent will return to the baron and Siron and things will continue pretty much same as they were before the anniversary (it feels that it was a long time ago now). I'm hoping that at least something that Tonio said will have effect on Vincent and he decides to do something about the situation.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index -> The World All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: