Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight
The Comic :: The Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Storyline pacing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index -> The Website
View previous topic :: View next topic  

The storyline progresses ...
Too slowly. Skip the boring stuff.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Just fine, keep going.
57%
 57%  [ 4 ]
Too fast! See, if you go into even more detail, the story will never end, and that's a good thing too!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I dunno. I guess it was OK at 4 updates a week, but now everything takes twice as long ...
42%
 42%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 7

ak-ryuu
Author

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:09 am    Post subject: Storyline pacing Reply with quote

Hi all, time to ask for opinions!

We all know that the SHD-WK storyline pacing has been at snail's speed for the past 4 years, and having reduced the update frequency from 4 to 2 a week now, I'm wondering if I should speed things up a bit after all. I do want to end the comic some day ...

What are your thoughts on this? Are things proceeding too slowly? Should I drop most of the talking and cut right to the action? (Not like there's much action in SHD-WK anyway ...) Or would you rather see even more character interaction even if it means travelling even more slowly?

Are you as worried as I am that with only 2 updates a week, things will get slooooooow and boring really fast? :/

If at some point in the storyline I reach a point where I could skip 3 or 6 months, should I do it, or would it feel like something is missing?
Negation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pacing was good when the comic updated four times a week. I wouldn't start running it in double speed now just because there is half as many updates in week though. It would be pity to miss background story.

So, keep the current spped and be careful not to slow down the pace more.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index -> The Website All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: