Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight
The Comic :: The Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to break the curse
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index -> The World
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Negation

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shade wrote:
he can use his helm, yes? isnt that pointy?hm?

But wouldn't that count as a weapon as soon as he tries that?

Maybe his safest (at least very relatively speaking) would try to kill a dragon without any kinds of weapons. Then he at least wouldn't get zapped.
Mostly Harmless!

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're in a bad position if your best bet is to kill a dragon unarmed.
imreader

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To state the obvious, it'd be easier if it were a baby dragon!

I doubt the helmet'd fly. I think that'd count as a weapon. Remember his brother's inability to even use forks?
jw100a

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmm.... The question I have is, will he ever be in a position to WANT to break the curse.

No matter what the opportunity will be, if Vincent won't want to take it, the curse will never be broken.

Also, I don't think that Vincent is the kind of person who values his life over anyone else's. I don't see him purposely killing anyone, even an enemy, even to save his own life. (someone else's might be another story... that, I'm not completely sure of)

So far the most convincing thing for Vincent to want to break the curse was, in my opinion, that deal Roland made with the baron - that if Vincent doesn't leave any children, Roland will take the curse.
At least, that puts an end to the end-it-all mentality. Either way there will be someone to inherit the curse.

It seems that for now Vincent has just chosen to forget about this... But I think it's an important factor.
imreader

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I think that's probably a good guess, considering the fact that Spiky's been around for a long while and he refuses to kill her. Also, has he done much to find a way around the "kill a dragon" clause?
Nothing comes to mind besides the Edgar plotline, but I doubt that's anywhere near over.
Daigerus

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mostly Harmless! wrote:
You're in a bad position if your best bet is to kill a dragon unarmed.

Not necessarily. Vincent could always pump himself with bigger muscles and thus have larger mass and innate strength. ;)

I mean, martial arts probably wasn't available in a medieval fantasy world, but a little musclebuilding can do wonders for his health and if he wants to, he can become strong to pummel even armored knights in submission. :P

Bet you won't see Vincent punching the living daylights out of a medium-sized dragon through sheer strength and willpower coming. XD Sheesh, now it sounds like something you'd see in some action-packed anime on steroids.

But then again, this is the opinion of a guy who's obsessed with boxing dragons.

The other alternative is to invest in alchemy and use various chemicals to poison/seduce/confuse dragons to death, but would that go against the knight's code?
imreader

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the dragons here are larger than the boxing dragon you drew in the introduction. But I don't think Vincent is really that unfit... It's just not that we have any way of knowing. He can lift a sword easily, but he can't hold it.
Negation

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And Vincent walks around wearing a heavy armour all day long, without looking too bothered because of that. He has to be in a good shape because of that.
Byeynyn

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm doubting that he'll be willing to kill a dragon to break the curse anytime soon. I think the key lies with Edgar, but I'm not sure Vincent's penciling in any appointments with that crazy person any time soon.

Again, in order for anything to happen, Vincent needs severe motivation to break the curse, because lately he's been nonchalant about a lot of things.
Negation

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would Jonquil be motivation enough for him? I wonder if she would be able to convince Vincent to try killing a dragon or get rid of the curse in some other way.
imreader

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Byeynyn wrote:
Again, in order for anything to happen, Vincent needs severe motivation to break the curse, because lately he's been nonchalant about a lot of things.

I agree with how you see it. He's never been 100% on board with any plan to break the curse.

In my opinion, I think he'd much rather wallow in his unhappiness than lose his excuse to do so. Kinda like small children do. But worse, 'cause he's 20.
DesertNaiad

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course, since he knows Spiky he can tell dragons are people too. And breaking the curse means he's not only able to carry weapons, but will be expected to do so. Break the curse by murdering a person, so you can go murder others for your boss. Sounds unappealing to me, even under the fancy name of "knight". Especially when you already know, first hand, that your boss is a nasty, small-minded sadist. I doubt that Vincent has analyzed that, but subconsciously it may seem worse than the humiliation the curse brings.
imreader

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe he'll pull something like assisted suicide or something. But in a much better light. Like putting an old, wounded dragon out of its misery.

Not like Kevorkian. Not at all.
Daigerus

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imreader wrote:
I think the dragons here are larger than the boxing dragon you drew in the introduction.

Hence, the mention of medium-sized dragons. Larger than Spiky, but smaller than Shura/Alexander. :P

imreader wrote:
Maybe he'll pull something like assisted suicide or something. But in a much better light. Like putting an old, wounded dragon out of its misery.

How about dragon abortion? Does that count?
Rainaari

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daigerus wrote:

How about dragon abortion? Does that count?

How would you perform an abortion on an egg-laying species? A dragon is a dragon after hatching, before its just an egg and an embryo, i'd say...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index -> The World All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: