Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight
The Comic :: The Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Confusing timelines

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index -> The Website
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ak-ryuu
Author

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:25 am    Post subject: Confusing timelines Reply with quote

As you all know, the comic's timeline isn't identical to ours; the comic started in 2003, but less than a year has passed in their world.

This leads to funny situations. For example I am currently working on comics that will go online in July, but in the comic world, it's December. So I'm wondering ... what is more confusing? If it's Christmas in the comic world, and I don't mention it at all? Or if I do mention it, and the corresponding strip runs in July or August? Other things too; Spiky's (and Vincent's) birthday is in November (as stated on the cast page), but the corresponding strips will run in May/June. I don't have problems keeping two different timelines (real world, and comic world), but do you?

(For the record, the first Christmas time in the comic was around #131 -- those strips ran in February. All I did in regards to Christmas was putting those decorations in the window. Will probably do something similar this time.)
semiconfused

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as we get occasional reminders, like holiday decorations or birthdays, I think we can keep it straight. If I may speak for anyone besides myself =)
ak-ryuu
Author

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm currently working on the Christmas strips ... that's Christmas in the comic world ... and they'll go online in August. Don't know about you, but I find that quite irritating. How about I just take a four-month break to get the timelines to line up again? Any objections? No? Didn't think so ;P

Nah, no worries, won't happen. It'll be nice to see snow in the comic (won't happen either -- I can't really draw snow ;P) when it's 34?C/93?F outside after all, right?
Negation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

semiconfused wrote:
As long as we get occasional reminders, like holiday decorations or birthdays, I think we can keep it straight. If I may speak for anyone besides myself =)

Same here. I don't find it annoying/hard to track if the season in comic is different than the real one. But I like to have a reminder or two now and then, like an occasional holiday decoration ;)
Mostly Harmless!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh. I don't think I'll have any problems. Where I live now, the seasons don't change much. It feels like on continuous year. Big change from Ottawa.
Negation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And people living on the southern hemisphere have winter and summer at different time than people living on the northern one. But most likely they have gotten used to the fact that seasons of comics and real life don't always match (and christmas is at the same time anyway, regardles if it's summer or winter)

Heh, now I would like to know what amount of webcomics run in sync with seasons of southern hemisphere ;)
Mostly Harmless!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for Christmas, I'm Orthodox, and we have it on a different day than the majority of people around where I live anyway.
Kriegel

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Negation wrote:

Heh, now I would like to know what amount of webcomics run in sync with seasons of southern hemisphere ;)

You know? I haven't seen one. Not that I've looked.

Hey, timmiboi...
Darb

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:57 am    Post subject: Its better! Reply with quote

I think that it is better that the comic doesn't run with the current weather because it makes the comic feel more like a story than something that is happening over in some random place like finland (har har). I mean everytime you read a story or see a movie time doesn't adjust, think of Star Wars if it was just a galaxy far far away and...right now....not as epic. I feel like I'm rambling...but I do have a test tommorrow and should be asleep.
Shade

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hai! my b¯rthday is in novemeber too!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight Forum Index -> The Website All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: